Broadridge is hiring! We are looking for a Business Analyst to work remotely on contract basis. The BA will drive the collation, creation and maintenance of various types of business and user documentation. This individual will work with the Business, IT and functional partners and senior leads to gain and analyze business requirements and build crucial business documents, including but not limited to business requirements documents, user stories, process flow documentation, user documentation, etc. We expect this person to assist with project management related tasks, such as meeting management, project plans/tracker maintenance, help with crafting status updates, etc.
Resource will be required to help build and maintain various types of user documentation, including but not limited to internal and external user guides, product configuration documents, standard architecture documents, standard operating procedures, Quick reference guides, etc. to support BR support of implementations.
- Document functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and workflow.
- Translate business requirements into appropriate Functional specifications.
- Act as liaison and participate in defining technology solutions to tackle sophisticated, multidisciplinary business problems with long-term implications.
- Recommend solutions to improve business decision-making with a focus on the core systems, technology strategies and standards.
- Facilitate group meetings such as workshops.
- Work with end-users to define and execute test scenarios and ensure appropriate end user training.
- Perform analysis of requests for system development/maintenance and resolve most effective approach.
- Work with the product management, user community, various technical groups (on and off shore) and vendors in the development of functional and technical specifications.
- Develop project plans, which will be used to supervise the progress of a project.
- Develop project target achievements and completion dates and adhere to an agreed upon schedule.
- Participate in feasibility study, conceptual design and/or system presentation as the need arises.
- Assist in the preparation for implementation and alignment to standards and procedures for application installs.
- Timely communication of project statuses
- Be responsive to all production problems assigned.
- Strategy & Planning
- Write requirements
- Lead Design Sessions with Technology and Business
- Resolve requirements related issues
- Establish and implement scope
- Help coordinate testing
- Provide mentorship to other BA Team members
- Minimum 7 years of BA experience with solid understanding of Project Management
- 5+ years with a financial services firm
- Extensive hands on experience with relational database SQL to facilitate data analysis and create data models
- Advanced SQL Query skills and expert Excel including v-lookups and macros, as well as Powerpoint and Visio
- Work closely with the Client and development team to review the documentation and specifications during System integration testing by the client
- Document functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and workflow
- Balance business and technology issues as well as communicate appropriately with both technology and business specialists
- Translate business requirements into appropriate Functional specifications
- Act as liaison and participate in defining technology solutions to tackle sophisticated, multidisciplinary business problems with long-term implications
- Ability to read tech specs and config manuals and get up to speed quickly on a new application
- Critical thinking skills