Bread is using technology and design to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates. We partner with financial institutions & retailers to offer pay-over-time solutions that make financing easier and more transparent. Our products improve ease-of-use and access for consumers while helping retailers grow their sales by reaching more shoppers. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Bread’s Production Support team ensures that our product offering maintains a high level of reliability and responsiveness with a strong focus on automation and proactive reporting. The team owns our OnCall process, triage of all incoming bugs & defects, remediation of those applicable, and escalation to appropriate product & engineering teams depending on need.
Your mission will be to partner with our Production Support Engineering team to triage incoming requests from stakeholders, including through our OnCall process, prioritize defects & bugs based on their potential impact and level of effort to resolve, and communicate with stakeholders on timelines and updates. You will also support various efforts related to operational improvements of the processes and tooling we utilize to manage our Production Support team.
This role will report to the Lead Product Manager, Growth & Support.
Your Role at Bread:
- You will project manage and coordinate a team of engineers across our entire product offering to own our OnCall process and triage, remediation & escalation of all bugs & defects - from consumer checkout experiences, to merchant tooling and partner inquiries.
- You will lead the prioritization process of incoming bugs & defects by partnering closely with stakeholders across the organization to understand impact and complexity.
- You will partner with the broader product and engineering team to improve our escalation and remediation processes and reduce time to resolution.
- You will collaborate seamlessly across the company to build and iterate on communication processes to ensure transparency and visibility about bug & defect remediation
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of proven success in technical project management, at least 2 of which includes hands on experience as part of a Scrum or Kanban software development team
- Efficient project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and communicate results
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to quickly distill core issues into succinct and tailored messages for audiences across all management levels
- Technically knowledgeable with a strong understanding of and experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Optimism, curiosity, kindness and a strong sense of urgency
- Experience working in distributed teams and in regulated industries a plus.