- Austin, TX
At Atchley & Associates we enjoy providing exceptional service to our exceptional clients. We also place a high value on providing opportunities for challenge, growth, and rewards for our A&A team members by creating an environment of trust and respect.
WHO YOU ARE: You're a CPA, and for the last five or more years, you've been training up your staff and managing audit client accounts. You've been able to originate some work for your current firm, and you have an interest in continuing to build your book of business with us. You're looking for a firm that's going to give you the tools you need to make your career take off. You're going to know you've been successful when, in a year or two, you're respected by your staff, managing audit engagements you love, and a Senior Manager promotion is headed for you.
The requirements of an Audit Manager are similar to an Audit Senior but expand the responsibilities of supervising, working independently, and handling client contact to move toward the responsibilities of a Manager during the performance of fieldwork on auditing engagements. The Manager has a high level of technical knowledge and experience utilized for decision making. The Audit Manager is capable of accepting responsibilities for all phases of an engagement, supervising several engagements simultaneously, while providing training to less experienced staff members. An Audit Manager is expected to know and understand the reason behind the Firm's policies and procedures and to be able to function at a high level in a deadline driven, time-sensitive environment. An Audit Manager must be a CPA.
- Possess a thorough understanding of GAAP (as set forth by FASB and/or GASB), other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles and financial statement presentations, generally accepted accounting standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Recognize significant aspects of a client's business and utilize this knowledge to serve the client.
- Responsible for setting up new accounts, handling initial aspects of new engagements, and determining what work must be performed on engagements.
- Review, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop expectations for analytical analyses based on industry standards and client data.
- Plan and assign work to team members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities, usually on multiple engagements, running concurrently. Supervise the work through completion, while monitoring team member efficiency and a thorough understanding of the assignments and objectives.
- Assist in Firm and Department administrative functions as requested by Partners and recommend possible solutions to improve client and Firm operations.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop effective approaches to performing an audit, based on a solid understanding of individual client situations.
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to insure success as measured against the overall needs of the client, while being able to focus on specific details, in individual Audit situations.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Review company operations, evaluating their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with corporate policies and procedures, laws, and government regulations.
- Verify the accuracy of the client organization's internal records and check for mismanagement, waste, or fraud.
- Research proficiencies include recognizing accounting or auditing issues as they arise in client situations, including possible solutions.
- Advanced levels of computer proficiency in order to improve efficiency on assignments, while using the Caseware software platform.
- Focus on Marketing and Networking to form professional relationships, outside of the firm, with the express intent of developing new business and/or new services to current clients and managing a book of business in the role of TA.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or university) in Finance and Accounting or related field.
Experience: Five to eight years of public account experience. Experience with Nonprofit, single audit, and uniform guidance audit engagements.
Computer Skills Proficiency with computer, keyboard, mouse, multiple monitors, copiers, scanners, and printers.
Certifications/Licenses: CPA License preferred, not required
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Program for acquiring CPA
- Formal career development program
- Kitchen stocked with complimentary snacks and drinks
- Community Involvement Program
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atchley & Associates, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top