- Safely and efficiently package finished beer in appropriate vessel
- Keep work areas clean and tidy
- Ensure proper labeling of container with appropriate brand and SKU
- Ensure beer and package quality
- Maintain an appropriate level of cleanliness in the brewery at all times
- Ability to review and follow written Standard Operating Procedures
- Open to seasonal (3-6 months) opportunity
- The appropriate candidate must have a solid understanding of the importance of safety and attention to detail
- The appropriate candidate for this position will need to become familiar with the mechanical operation of the breweries packaging equipment.
- Continued education and growth in all aspects of brewing is expected.
- May have to work off-shift hours, so must have flexible work schedule.
The story about Devils Backbone Brewing Company goes like this. Years ago, our founders, Steve and Heidi Crandall, were on a ski trip in the Alps when they tried their first craft beer, a German Weisse at a brewpub.
So to satisfy their thirst for a local haunt that served craft European-style beers, they started a whole brewery complete with a full-on brewpub for locals and visitors. It became a place where folks could drink and tell stories about their time on the trail or ski slope, or all of the above.
They named it Devils Backbone, the same name some brave surveyors, including Thomas Jefferson's dad, Peter, called this hard-to-summit mountain region almost 300 years ago. Kinda poetic, right?
In 2016 Devils Backbone Brewing Company was acquired by Anheuser-Busch. Since then, we've continued to brew award-winning beers that we're proud of, as well as share our beers with more beer friends than ever before!
Well there's your history, and here's a bit of our philosophy: we think being slow by nature is of mighty importance. It's why we take our time brewing our lagers and it's why we're smack dab in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you're ever in Virginia, we'd love for you to stop by the brewery and have a beer with us.