Devils Backbone- Basecamp Brewpub & Meadows Bartender
- Scottsville, VA
- Operate in a fast-paced brewpub bar serving beer, wine, and liquor.
- Efficiently and consistently divide excellent service among a rapid and steady stream of customers.
- Explain beer on tap and their unique process/ properties to customers.
- Fill table orders while maintaining bar.
- Monitor customer behavior and ensure they are not being overserved.
- Handle problem situations strategically in order maintain positive customer experience.
- Significant experience bartending, preferably within brewpub environment.
- Solid understanding of brewing methods, beer compositions, and subtleties that distinguish each unique beer.
- Able to commit to memory and execute a specific mixed drink menu as well as a large variety of standard mixed beverages using wine, beer, liquor and other mixing components.
- Able to manage a constant flow of orders at a rapid pace without sacrificing service or product quality as well as safety.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
So to satisfy their thirst for a local haunt that served craft European-style beers, they started a whole brewery complete with a full-on brewpub for locals and visitors. It became a place where folks could drink and tell stories about their time on the trail or ski slope, or all of the above.
They named it Devils Backbone, the same name some brave surveyors, including Thomas Jefferson's dad, Peter, called this hard-to-summit mountain region almost 300 years ago. Kinda poetic, right?
Well there's your history, and here's a bit of our philosophy: we think being slow by nature is of mighty importance. It's why we take our time brewing our lagers and it's why we're smack dab in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Back to top