Our client, based in the Chicago loop, is seeking a Property Manager on a Contract to Hire Basis. The salary would be based on experience. They are open to an Assistant Property Manager wanting to step into this role as well.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Oversee the resolution and manage the timely completion of day-to-day operational issues at assigned properties or property. Serve as tenant liaison in the building and maintain a high level of tenant satisfaction.
- Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via regular proactive communication, meetings and routine follow-up. Regularly inform Property Manager of topics discussed and action items to be addressed
- Manage and follow through on the execution of tenant work order requests with building staff and/or outside vendors to completion in a timely manner
- Arrange, coordinate and attend new tenant orientation meetings to review tenant welcome package, move-in requirements, general property information, rules & regulations etc.
- Regularly inspect tenant space, common areas, base building areas and grounds to ensure a high level of maintenance, regularly interfacing with internal staff and vendors to maintain same
- Development of RFP's and execution of contracts and purchase orders
- Regularly monitor service contractors to ensure service is being delivered as per contract specifications and that insurance and contract documentation is in order
- Maintain financial management responsibilities including providing assistance in the preparation of budgets, accruals, reforecasts and reporting budget variances
- Analyze current maintenance programs/procedures and make recommendations to ensure operating efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage tenant move-in/move-outs to include certificates of insurance, signage, move management, closeout and inspection
- Coordinate with external contractors (i.e. janitorial, security, etc.) and internal departments (i.e. engineering, accounting, leasing and construction, etc.) to ensure seamless and cost effective customer services is delivered
- Work with the construction department, including attendance at tenant improvement meetings and scheduling shutdowns of building services (e.g., electricity, water, HVAC) to avoid delays of landlord work
- Coordinate annual tenant warden training and evacuation drills
- Maintain a working knowledge of Company databases and information/reporting tools
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in business administration, real estate or related field required
- 3-5 years of property management experience preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of operating costs, budgeting and related expense control preferred