Payroll Tax Specialist
9-12 Month Contract
Pay rate: $25/hr.
- Set up new employees with the proper tax statuses for federal, state, local, and SUTA based on home and/or work location.
- Update employees' tax statuses based on rehire or transfer.
- Ongoing analysis of employee tax setups to ensure compliance with all laws.
- Complete and file all tax returns.
- Prepare and remit all tax payments.
- Reconcile local, state and federal taxes monthly, quarterly and annually, as required.
- Respond to notices and work effectively with tax jurisdictions as needed to resolve issues.
- Partner with HR, Operations and General Ledger Accounting to identify and review items with cross-departmental impacts.
- Utilize Cognos reports to manage and review payroll and payroll tax related information for analysis, problem solving and audits.
- Support internal and external audit requests related to payroll taxes.
- 3-5 years of payroll tax experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel (vlookup, pivot table) required
- Deltek Cost Point experience preferred
- Detail orientated individual with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service and the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form to a variety of people around the world.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and follow up as necessary to see tasks to completion.
- Willingness to adapt processes and procedures to meet requirements of a dynamic company.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.