Multiple MRI Technologist positions with a growing company!
Addison Group is working in tandem with a large local company to accelerate their growth. We are seeking multiple MRI technologists for permanent positions across Austin to join the team. If you have a technologist license with any degree of experience, we want to talk to you! We are offering competitive pay and a substantial sign-on bonus for any and all new hires. We are also looking for Mammography Techs and CT Techs!
Location: Multiple locations throughout Austin
Relocation bonus up to $1,500!!
Day to day:
- Performs and maintains daily check-ups and quality control on MRI scanners required by American College of Radiology (ACR), and the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) and any other credentialing organizations as required by law.
- Maintains a safe MR environment including proper screening of all persons entering the MRI suite following best practice standards and performance of:
- Proficient understanding of requirements related to the safe scanning of MR conditional objects.
- Provides magnetic field and hearing protection for self, other staff, patient and/or guest according to the prescribed safety standards.
- Understands emergency quench procedures.
- Performs daily quality assurance of the MR schedule to ensure efficient workflow and patient care.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency, following protocols, in the performance of:
- All MRI examinations and equipment in their assigned work area.
- Proper positioning of the patient.
- Selection of the appropriate protocol with maintaining acceptable technical adjustments.
- Proper post processing of MRI examinations.
- Proper identification of cross sectional anatomy.
- Digital information systems utilized in the performance of assigned work, such as Radiology Information System (RIS) and PACS.
- Performs IV insertion when contrast is needed following proper guidelines as established by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Identifies each patient and reviews exam paperwork with the patient. Obtains appropriate medical history from the patient.
- Confirms physicians' orders and any special instructions within the exam or appointment notes.
- Records the patient's history, including information about priors, as required by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Performs accurate MR procedures and applies educated judgment during the examination to ensure appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately imaged with proper identification on all series.
- Confirms that all images are sent to PACS per policy and procedures and verifies tech notes and required documents have successfully transmitted to PACS.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reports incomplete or incorrect examination to ensure proper patient charge and continuity of patient care.
- Continuously monitors work, reviews and utilizes modality QA reports to search for ways of improvement.
- Demonstrates courteous, friendly and professional behavior to patient, referring physicians and co-workers at all times.
- Keeps the work area neat and orderly.
- Maintains and rotates inventory of supplies in exam rooms and notifies supervisor if there is a shortage.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.