Title: Director of Content / Community Operations
Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: $90-105K + Incentives
This collaborative position will work with internal and external stakeholders and is ultimately accountable for product success for community-focused Products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ?
Manage the success of our organizations Membership Products
- Support Product Development in the management of user-community products to maximize human and fiscal resources and develop business strategies to include strategic planning, establishing goals and objectives, and budget as well as human resources management.
- Collaboratively contribute to the development and implementation of strategic priorities for community product portfolio.
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization, providing concise, data-driven status reports to map progress.
- Works to instill an expectation of accountability and responsibility among staff, as well as a healthy and engaging work environment that is in alignment with values and operational mission.
- Coordinates the operations efforts and ensure that the units are working effectively to address the needs of the Community Operations team and the members it seeks to serve.
- Prepares, manages, and monitors the department budgets; maintains alignments with Finance department; participates in the annual budget planning process; serves as the primary department liaison to Finance department and collaborates proactively to support compliance.
- Manage all aspects of human capital management including hiring, goal setting, and performance/compensation review process.
- Responsible for reporting, program and product briefs, presentations, and other collateral as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation, budgeting, and monitoring
- Experience developing proposals and budget reports highly recommended
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills essential
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams preferred
- Comfortable with national travel to large-scale events 3 to 4 times per year
- Local and national travel to small-scale events 3 to 4 times per year
These events may require nontraditional work hours and an increased focus on customer service. (Non-traditional hours including weekends and evenings may be required).
- Experience in people management, project management, and experience working with volunteers in a professional capacity is required.
- Master's degree in business-related field, or relevant work history preferred.
- 10 years of professional experience preferred.
- Experience in a technology field preferred.
- Experience with B2B operations preferred.