Do you want to impact patient lives by joining a successful healthcare company? We have a large organization in the Austin area looking to add multiple Medical Assistants to their growing team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Location: Austin Area, TX
· Perform clinical and administrative medical assistant duties as directed
· Prepare patients and rooms for physician examination and procedures
· Obtain patient vital signs, medical history, and chief complaints
· Perform phlebotomy, injections, EKG, urinalysis, laboratory work, immunizations, biometrics, autoclaving, tray set up, suture removal, etc.
· Medical Assistant aids physicians in examinations and physicals
· Register patients for hospital and physician clinic services
· Schedule patient examination, procedure, and surgery appointments for hospitals and physician clinics
· Verify patient insurance benefit coverage via phone and online insurance payer portals
· Update patient charts, records, and accounts with clinical and billing data
· Provide superior high-volume patient customer service in a fast paced environment
· Use Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook/Power Point), medical software, and type 40+WPM
· Must have 1+ years' experience performing clinical and administrative medical assistant duties
· Medical Assistant Accreditation: Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, or Registered Medical Assistant
· Medical Assistant Education Program Completion (Medical Assistant Diploma, Associates Degree in Medical Assisting, etc.)
· Previous experience rooming patients and assisting physicians with examinations and procedures
· Previous experience obtaining patient vital signs, medical history, and chief complaints
· Previous experience performing phlebotomy, injections, EKG, urinalysis, laboratory work, immunizations, biometrics, etc.
· Previous experience registering patients for hospital and physician clinic services in a healthcare setting
· Previous experience scheduling patient examination, procedure, and surgery appointments for hospitals and physician clinics
· Previous experience verifying patient insurance benefit coverage via phone and online insurance payer portals
· Previous experience updating patient charts, records, and accounts with clinical and billing data
· Previous high volume in person and phone patient customer service in a fast paced environment
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) & electronic medical records (EMR) software
· Ability to type 40+WPM required (alphanumeric & 10-key typing)
Why choose Addison Healthcare?
Pay: We negotiate high salaries for you using the US Bureau of Labor Statistics and you are eligible for bonuses
Benefits: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits AND 401K match
Permanent Employment: The majority of Addison Healthcare job openings lead to potential permanent employment
Connections: You are connected directly with hiring managers from hospitals, physician groups, and healthcare consulting companies
Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation
Urgency: Your level of urgency to find your next career matches our level of urgency