Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, VA, San Antonio, TX, and St. Louis, MO. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
A Network Security Specialist who will work with the Information Security Governance team in the AFS Security & Intelligence Directorate. You will contribute to the technical analysis and development of technology security standards and policies and support the network security of the AFS IT environment, helping teams develop secure firewall rules, enforcing the principle of least functionality and pushing for good cyber hygiene. You have a strong understanding of network security principles and is self-motivated to research and learn more about other IT and security technologies to develop best practice guidance and security standards and improve operations processes.
- Manage the Firewall Approved Services Matrix by collaborating with AFS IT teams to develop approved firewall rules that support their connectivity needs while minimizing the use of unnecessary connections and ports
- Drive the regular review of firewall rules to validate consistent, repeatable use of approved rules and to eliminate old, unused rules
- Research and contribute to other IT technology security topics to develop best practices and security standards
- Collaborate with IT and other Information Security teams to regularly review security standards from a technical expertise perspective
- Assist IT and IS teams in the development of solution and enterprise architecture diagrams and artifacts
Read more of the job description
Here's what you need:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 3 years system and/or network security experience
- Strong Microsoft Office suite experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Strong understanding of enterprise IT Security technologies, especially firewall and network equipment (such as Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, and Palo Alto)
- Knowledge in TCP/IP networking, network services/protocols, and network design principles
Bonus points if you have:
- Direct experience securing Microsoft environments (such as Windows 10, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365)
- Working experience with ServiceNow workflows
- Knowledge of federal security requirements related to regulations and standards such as NIST, FAR/DFARS, SOX, CMMC, etc.
- Security certifications (e.g., Security+, CySA+, CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.