Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
- Working as part of the global Technology Marketing + Communications team, this role will help the Technology's Group Chief Executive & CTO and other Tech leaders communicate with external and internal audiences to advance Accenture's Technology business priorities, and provide strategic communications counsel and tactical comms advice
- This is a hands-on role that will not only shape the executive communications strategy, but also help execute it while working with colleagues in marketing and communications in Technology and across the company
- Navigating ambiguity with grace and being simultaneously strategic and excellent at execution are critical to success in this role
- We are looking for a technology storyteller who can come up with thought-provoking ideas and create beautiful copy, messaging and presentations used with clients, media and analysts and other internal and external audiences - all while working within tight deadlines
- The ideal candidate will have a strong writing background, with a track record of working and writing on deadline with senior leaders in the private or public sector
- Develop a strategic, highly differentiated and flawlessly executed Technology Group Chief Executive & CTO communications program tied to business priorities and the overall Technology Group Chief Executive & CTO agenda
- Interpret complex technology innovations and translate into bold, compelling and distinctive content appropriate to the audience and channel (media, digital, social, keynotes, video and more)
- Develop industry insights and leadership perspectives on an ongoing basis to be used by the Group Chief Executive & CTO in communicating with Accenture's Executive Committee and Global Management Committee and in client discussions, media and analysts, speeches and for internal input into relevant strategic initiatives
- Create unique and high-quality communications "experiences" for the Technology Group Chief Executive & CTO with Accenture people, clients, ecosystem partners and priority external audiences
- Identify and orchestrate external engagement opportunities, including speaking engagements, social media opportunities and digital platforms
- Develop an influencer relations program to support key strategic growth areas-working with our media relations team, social media team and internal people communications
- Quickly evaluate and capitalize on "of the moment" executive communication opportunities
- Collaborate seamlessly with Marketing + Communications colleagues around the world to orchestrate program extensions and connections for the Technology Group Chief Executive & CTO with other senior leaders within Accenture
- Continually incorporate the latest technologies and cutting-edge innovations to amplify communications for the Technology Group Chief Executive & CTO
- Oversee communications processes and outputs to maintain precision, high quality, and consistency
Skills and Work Experience:
- Exceptional communications strategy, content development and storytelling skills
- Ability to quickly absorb complex concepts and translate them into powerful messaging and speaking points
- Outstanding poise and executive presence, able to "represent" the Group Chief Executive with senior executives within and outside Accenture
- Proven ability to provide deep and original thinking about complex issues and make them easily understood by a broad audience
- Exceptional message development and writing skills to create a variety of content for social media, speeches, thought leadership, presentations, video and more
- Exceptional oral communications skills, and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Superb PowerPoint skills to deliver signature keynote presentations
- Strong organization, program and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet milestones, meet tight deadlines and communicate status on concurrent projects
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation, conflict management and executive stakeholder management skills
- Bold creativity and a passion for new technology trends and the future
- Willingness to learn quickly, take initiative and maintain focus
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a virtual, problem-solving environment
- Exceptionally strong teaming skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
- Personal flexibility to work virtually, sometimes in the office (post COVID) or travel where and when required
- Willingness to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to accommodate other time zones
- Sensitivity to the cultural variances across different countries
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing & communications, journalism or related. Previous executive communications experience in technology industry is required. Experience working in journalism and/or writing on deadline is highly desirable
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in marketing and communications; experience in applying marketing concepts; branding and message development skills
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.