Accenture's Consulting workforce is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. A career in Consulting is varied and stimulating because each project presents a new challenge and will give you exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. Many deals draw on the whole range of our skills and services, and our Consulting professionals are expected to lead and manage the many different skills and people in our various workforces. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise-strategic, industry, functional, technical-in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting, or technology consulting.
We offer a transparent approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues. You will benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools. You will have access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends. You will also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.
The Financial Services operating group serves all major industry segments in banking, insurance and capital markets. The Financial Services North America Banking Client Service Group provides consulting and outsourcing services to retail banking and payments clients throughout the U.S. and Canada. We serve more than 600 unique clients in 24 countries. Among our clients are more than 89 percent of the Financial Services companies in the Fortune Global 500.
Accenture's North American Banking practice is responsible for driving Accenture's go-to-market strategies and offerings for our US and Canadian clients, bringing our best offerings and leveraging our global banking practices and experience.
Join Accenture Consulting and you'll work alongside fellow industry experts to lead transformational projects, and define cutting edge solutions, solving our client's most complex issues. And because our clients span the full range of industries - Including 94 of the Fortune 100 - you'll have the opportunity to pursue your passion, hone your expertise and deepen your knowledge.
Join Accenture Consulting's Financial Services Banking practice and embark on a fast-paced career path to Managing Director that will allow you to utilize your deep industry experience and specialized skills to design, sell and lead industry defining transformation programs. In this role you'll use your expertise to drive opportunity-for the company and for yourself-while maintaining the flexibility you need to keep your career ahead of the curve.
Financial Services Banking
Are you ready to join our banking practice to help our clients' clients-your friends, family and neighbors-get more out of their money Do you want to transform products, processes and systems relating to lending, savings, mobile banking and ATMs Can you envision leading-edge payments/cards business models and systems or orchestrate the upgrade of lending products and technologies, from origination and funding to collateral management and servicing
If yes then FS Banking Payments is the place for you to grow your reputation as you become an Accenture leader! As part of a strong global community you'll both learn from and coach our consulting practitioners to embrace the new Payment innovative world.
As a Banking Payments Manager, you'll be dedicated to help clients by playing the role of a partner who can work with the client team and lead an Accenture team to design and deliver strategic solutions that address key business issues facing the banking and increasingly the broader payments industry.
You'll often be:
- Integrating, simplifying, and improving, business strategy, technology, and operational efficiency across core payments, digital payments, transaction payments, mobile payments and compliance, risk and operations, to reduce costs and improve productivity;
- Delivering business change by designing and delivering the strategy across core payments, cards, digital innovation, digital and emerging payments;
- Helping recommend opportunities for robotics to streamline processes and gain efficiencies throughout the payment lifecycle;
- Identifying ways that Payments As A Service can both increase operational flexibility, reduce costs, and roadmap for implementation;
- Renewing card issuing processing platforms to support cost efficiency and growth in volumes;
- Enabling real time payments and developing real time payments architecture;
- Helping banks in extending their value chain by reinventing their processes and products;
- Driving re-platforming projects for increasing efficiency, stability and agility;
- Helping clients in incorporating digital technologies to stay relevant in the digital ecosystem and in developing connectivity to a wide range of payment methods;
- Reviewing payments processes followed by the clients and suggesting improvements;
- Leading teams of analysts and consultants and independently structuring work at the project level to deliver results;
- Developing business cases, project road maps and operating models to implement complex solutions and systems for financial institutions;
- Understanding and implementing the use of Open Banking / Open APIs;
- Synthesizing analyses of the project team into clear, sound recommendations for the client teams to implement;
- Adapting existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems;
- Running Accenture's business (including cost management, contract management, etc.) with discipline, rigor and integrity;
- Developing the Banking Payments practice and building Accenture's Payment offerings, assets and capabilities; and
- Developing and managing high-performing multidisciplinary teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Read more of the job description
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years' experience in Banking with majority of experience in Payments-particularly Core and Commercial Payments, or equivalent between Banking Management Consulting/ Technology Consulting.
- Business product, operations or project management experience implementing new payment products, solutions and / or redesigning processes, in at least one of the following areas:
- Core Payments including Retail and Corporate payments-particularly with ACH, Wires, EFT, SWIFT, Faster Payment, payment messaging, ISO20022
- Digital Innovation - Blockchain, Ripple
- Mobile Payments
- Payments Re-platforming
- Real-Time Payments and Real Time Payment Architectures
- Open Banking/Open APIs
- Blockchain/Distributed Ledger
- Track record of consulting project delivery including managing teams, producing project deliverables, and managing projects within timelines and budgets
- Interfacing with client executives at C-suite level
- Demonstrated leadership, team work and collaboration in a professional setting
- Project management experience with the one or more of the following:
- Cards Acquiring and Issuing
- Core Payments
- Banking, Financial Services, and/or Software industries
- Artificial Intelligence and/ or Robotics
- Real-Time Payments and Real-Time Payments Architectures
- Agile Methodology
- Experience working with commercial payment vendor platforms
- E.g. Finastra, FIS, Fiserv, ACI, TSYS, Oracle, IBM
- Experience understanding business challenges and explaining how our offerings and services provide value.
- Experience identifying a client's high-level business needs and leading the creation of detailed functional specifications and other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases.
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner.
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Experience working through organizational change, developing and implementing creative solutions.
- Insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the payments industry.
- An ability to inspire teams to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timeframe.
- Experience understanding team strengths, and the ability to coach and develop others.
$157,000 -$205,999 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CT - Hartford,MA - Boston,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,VA - Arlington