?What If! Innovation's Operations Manager is the both the 'brains' and 'heart' enabling the work we do for our clients. On the 'brain' side, our Operations Manager must be strategic in connecting the dots across our business - what our financial targets and growth ambitions mean for our sales pipeline and headcount projections; what our sales pipeline and headcount projections means for our operations; and what our operations mean for our people to deliver for our clients, constantly striving to optimize all of the above. But given that our people are our product, our Operations Manager must also be the 'heart' behind ?What If!, ensuring that our people are positioned in ways that inspire and grow them, feeding not only the quality of our client work itself but our greater ?What If! culture and talent proposition.
It's an exciting time for ?What If! as we continue to scale our impact. We're looking forward to having an Operations Manager on board to help us navigate not only the operational complexities of doing so, but the cultural complexities as well - to ensure we uphold the values and ways us working that make us ?What If!
Learn more about ?What If! here: https://whatifinnovation.com/
Drive Operational Performance to Support Client Delivery Excellence
- Work cooperatively to enable the execution of client delivery by creating, implementing and managing a program office function. Initial responsibilities would include resource management, operations management, and vendor management, but can grow to include growth strategy and financial management, and additional operational oversight.
- Manage overall "casting" (staffing) of project work, ensuring that the client demand for our teams are appropriately cast based on project need and individual growth paths and interests, optimizing for project chargeability of the business. Additionally, ensuring that global What If staffing needs are coordinated with global operational leads, and any freelancers and other vendors are coordinated with and managed appropriately.
- Ensure that the operating unit receive the appropriate information to manage their areas of responsibility, promote the usage of standardized reports and compliance with policies, and escalate to, and work with, the Leads to address any supply/demand issues for the operating unit and its corresponding business units.
- Appropriately forecast demand and supply, and support business Leadership in their P&L management accountabilities, and planning for business growth.
- Work jointly with the Finance and Human Resources Leads to ensure the appropriate connections and business insight are accounted for in all aspects of supply/ demand balancing.
- Work jointly with our Cohort Leads and Human Resources Leads to grow the business, by identifying issues with business shape to meet client demand, and informing needs for internal transfers and external recruiting.
- Oversee, manage and help qualify new business leads based on both capacity and commercial strategies; ensure alignment between industry, product and delivery leads in sales pursuits.
- Partner with Finance team to maintain accurate line-of-sight of sales pipeline.
- Lead together with Finance team the accountability of teams to adhere to Project Governance structures.
- Regularly review, cross-pollinate and optimize pricing and project learnings and gaps to continually optimize CCI + and chargeability across What If projects, and for the individuals of What If.
- As the engine that runs our business, be a visible exemplar to our people of culture and values.
- Actively work with People Leadership and individuals themselves to understand what motivates them, and drives their growth needs, using the information gathered to better cast our project teams.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in an innovation hub, consulting firm, creative agency or professional services firm
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in operating model design
- Experience in resource planning, forecasting and HC planning
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Experience working with diverse, global teams
- Clear and concise articulation, presentation, and documentation of technical opportunities, constraints, recommendations, and action items to both internal and external audiences
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.