Accenture sees a near-term future that empowers Federal mission user experience in new ways, and faster than traditional modernization. The Federal Discovery Lab is seeking individuals who want to contribute to the platform and app development enabling the next generation of intelligent experiences. Our group builds web-based tools integrating machine learning approaches for various end-user challenges. You'll work with data scientists and ML engineers to identify useful and innovative functionality for model training and evaluation pipelines and then make it real in applications.
"The Web as I envisaged it, we have not seen it yet. The future is still so much bigger than the past."
-- Tim Berners-Lee, Inventor of the World Wide Web.
Read more of the job description
- Demonstrated experience delivering reliable, scalable, performant, and secure web-based systems and services in production
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of front and back-end technologies.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: TypeScript, Python, Go, HTML/CSS, Angular/React, Redis, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Spark, Solr or ElasticSearch, Docker/Kubernetes, Cloud, Git
- Experience with Architecture, design, development, debugging, documentation, and operation of small-to-large-scale systems designed for machine learning; this includes distributed systems for data management and computation as well as web oriented APIs and user interfaces.
- US citizenship is required.
- B.S, M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or a related field (mathematics, physics or computer engineering, computer science)
- No degree? We will consider individuals with 8+ years of experience, including military, and who demonstrate a professional knowledge in this domain
- Partner with data scientists and ML engineers across different Applied Intelligence teams to define high impact product features and deliver them with quality.
- Take pride and ownership in delivering delightful user experiences.
- Be able to stay on top of state-of-the-art technologies and apply them in the job.
- Lead other engineers and demonstrate best practices for software engineering.
- Support and mentor junior engineers.
- You should be comfortable and eager to work on either the front or back end of web based products.
- Previous experience with machine learning pipelines, model evaluation, and data visualization
- Previous focus on computer vision and/or natural language processing
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.