Big Data Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements, in conjunction with the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value, provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
As part of our Data Business Group, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a highly collaborative and growing network of technology and data experts, who are taking on today's biggest, most complex business challenges using the latest data and analytics technologies. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in Technology at Accenture!
Why Should I Join the Accenture Team
• Drive innovation. People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
• Learn and grow continuously: Follow personalized training to build skills, while expanding your experience defining and implementing solutions on complex client projects with a scope that is unsurpassed in industry.
• Thrive in our inclusive environment: Bring your whole self to a company that aims to be the most diverse in the world and delivers real-time performance feedback based on individual strengths-not stats.
Data and Analytics professionals define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and facilitate the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes.
- Produces clean, standards-based, modern code with an emphasis on advocacy toward end-users to produce well-documented high-quality software designs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of technology and digital frameworks within the context of data integration.
- Ensures code and design retain quality through the execution of test plans, and works closely with internal and external design, business, and technical counterparts to assist in development of standards, methodology and repeatable processes.
Big Data professionals develop deep next generation Analytics skills to support Accenture's data and analytics agendas, including skills such as Data Modeling, Business Intelligence, and Data Management.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Utilizes existing methods and procedures to create designs within the proposed solution to solve business problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Contributes to design of solution, executes development of design and seeks guidance on complex technical challenges where necessary.
- Participates in primary upward interaction with a direct supervisor.
- Interacts with peers, client counterparts and/ or management levels within Accenture.
- Interacts with peers and/ or management levels at a client and/ or within Accenture.
- Understands methods and procedures on new assignments and executes deliverables with guidance as needed.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Employs decisions that often impact the team he or she resides on.
- Manages small teams and/ or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Read more of the job description
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on technical experience implementing or supporting Big Data solutions utilizing Hadoop, Hive and Python
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on development experience using Neo4j
- Experience developing solutions utilizing at least two of the following:
- Kafka based streaming services
- R Studio
- Cassandra , MongoDB
- MapReduce, Pig, Hive
- Scala, Spark
- Knowledge on Jenkins, Chef, Puppet
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent amount of work experience of 12 years, or Associate's Degree or 6 years of work experience.
- Full life cycle development experience
- Experience with delivering Big Data Solutions in the cloud with AWS or Azure
- Ability to configure and support API and OpenSource integrations
- Experience administering Hadoop or other Data Science and Analytics platforms using the technologies above
- Experience with Java Programming
- Experience with DevOps support
- Designing ingestion, low latency, visualization clusters to sustain data loads and meet business and IT expectations
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with senior client executives
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top