The Accenture Technology Vision team is seeking someone passionate about and adept at learning new technologies, and able to understand technology in the context of how businesses will use it over the next 3-5 years.
This role will join a high-performing team of technology consultants and foresight strategists who research and anticipate how the world's largest organizations and governments should use technology to disrupt existing markets and enter new ones. The Accenture Technology Vision is the premier thought leadership that Accenture produces. The annual publication is one of the most popular downloads and influences board room conversations at Global 2000 clients and is used internally to define Accenture's R&D, talent, and M&A agendas and strategies.
The Accenture Technology Vision team is seeking someone who can conduct research on new and emerging technologies. This person should feel comfortable writing and presenting, and they should also have experience working with data and knowledge of inferential statistics (ideally including regression). We are currently building out our data science capabilities to support our predictive technology efforts, and the person in this role will be integral to our success.
The Accenture Technology Vision team is primarily responsible for producing the Accenture Technology Vision -a publicly available, annual publication that discusses the technology trends predicted to be most impactful to Accenture and its clients in the future. It is Accenture's premier piece of technology thought leadership that not only influences board room conversations at Global 2000 clients but is also used internally to define Accenture's own R&D, talent, and M&A strategies. As such, this is a unique role at Accenture, that is both high-impact and high-visibility.
- Conduct statistical analyses on technology trend predictions
- Manage data on technologies over time to identify and analyze trends
- Support primary interview and survey research, as well as secondary research efforts
- Conceive and pitch new ideas for ideation and research
- Craft and write clear and compelling arguments about technological futures
- Present thought leadership during client workshops and engagements
Here's what you need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, with data science/statistics concentration preferred
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to write compelling technology prose and build presentations
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and work kindly with others in a collaborative environment
- At least 1+ years of experience in a management or technology consulting environment
- Proficiency with R, Stata, or other statistical software
- Experience with data collection, data scrubbing, and/or statistical analysis, including regression, and the ability to communicate outputs to a technical or non-technical audience
- Proven ability to take personal ownership of projects and go above and beyond to drive work to successful completion in spite of challenges
- Ability to quickly find the right stakeholders within a large organization and gain their buy-in and support for new initiatives
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.