The Accenture Technology Vision team is seeking someone passionate about technology and its role as a driver of change. You should be comfortable living in the future, seeing trends in the noise, and explaining those ideas across a variety of contexts. You're excited to research widely and deeply across technology-related subjects and have an instinct for what transforms insights into a compelling and provocative story. You can clearly articulate net new ideas, both verbally and in writing, and can confidently defend your ideas under scrutiny.
This role will join a high-performing team of technology consultants and foresight strategists who research and anticipate how the world's largest organizations and governments should use technology to disrupt existing markets and enter new ones. The Accenture Technology Vision is the premier thought leadership that Accenture produces. The annual publication is one of the most popular downloads and influences board room conversations at Global 2000 clients and is used internally to define Accenture's R&D, talent, and M&A agendas and strategies.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a natural connector of ideas and people. You should be able to understand complex technology concepts while able to distill them simply and succinctly for non-technical audiences. You're not afraid of ambiguity and thrive in shaping the question as much as seeking out the answer. You should be a compelling communicator and enjoy participating in and leading business-focused technology discussions with executives from a wide variety of industries. You will need to be passionate about and familiar with leading-edge technologies to be seen as a credible expert, and provide first-hand experience that can educate and inspire.
- Develop technology thought leadership that presents unique and thought-provoking perspectives that are relatable to business, government, and technology audiences alike
- Own and contribute to the development of thought leadership assets for both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to conceive and pitch net new opportunities for thought leadership is highly desirable
- Conceive of and contribute to new research and/or content delivery methods
- Evangelize the Accenture Technology Vision through multiple online and offline channels
- Present thought leadership to senior executives at Accenture and client organizations
- Speak at conferences, client, and partner events
Here's what you need:
- Minimum 4 years of experience with cross-industry exposure at a technology company or management consulting firm.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a closely related field; a graduate degree is preferred.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills. Able to build presentations that tell stories and poise in presenting to executive level audiences.
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research methodologies.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Proven ability to take personal ownership of projects and go above and beyond to drive work to successful completion despite complex challenges.
- Ability to not only formulate a forward-thinking opinion, but also write convincingly about it and be an advocate for that opinion when others challenge it.
- Comfortable accepting and integrating critical feedback in a timely manner, excels when faced with fast-paced deadlines.
- Driven to learn. Able to dive into and find interest in new subjects, understand the implications and opportunities that specific technologies provide, and how they might disrupt existing markets or create new ones.
- Firm understanding of the enterprise landscape. Able to understand and articulate challenges and opportunity areas facing both new and legacy businesses.
- Can quickly assess business models in new and legacy industries, and form a defensible opinion on how technology innovation could contribute to success and/or introduce new risks
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.