AAA Club Alliance is hiring a Corporate Communications Specialist to join our team!
As a key member of the Corporate Communications team, this role is deeply involved in the writing and delivery of key corporate communications designed to increase Associate understanding, awareness and acceptance of the Club's vision, mission, strategy, direction and business objectives to enable/mobilize Associates to deliver key initiatives and major programs. This position works across all of the Club's businesses and functions with all levels of Associates. The role strives to deliver vibrant, engaging, credible, timely and accurate communications in all media - print, electronic, online, and video- based on the needs of the communication campaign. This position also requires strong reporting and writing skills to be able to tell the ACA story using a variety of vehicles.
This position can work from home. The selected candidate must reside within the AAA Club Alliance territory.
At AAA, your success is our success. What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Annual Bonus + Annual Merit Increase Eligiblity
- Health & Life Insurance
- 3+ weeks of paid time off accrued during your first year
- 401(K) plan with company match up to 7%
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off to volunteer & company-sponsored volunteer events throughout the year
- Other benefits include a free AAA Premier Membership, Health & Wellness Program, Health Concierge Service, and Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Collaborates in development and execution of strategic communications.
- Supports all communication efforts by researching and writing content to engage Associates at all levels with clear and consistent messaging.
- Successfully matches the communication messages and need with the right vehicle to influence Associates.
- Builds and maintains close relationships with department subject matter experts to provide guidance and support for their communication requests.
- Provides communication guidance, planning and support for teams or committees planning special events and programs.
- Acts as editor of in-house publications including assembling, creating and editing content to ensure alignment with AP style, ACA style and consistent voice and tone for Associate engagement. Oversee production of these publications to ensure high quality and timely distribution.
- Coordinates with web team on content and images for intranet to ensure the site maintains fresh, engaging content that is updated several times a week.
- Provides support to other corporate functions and businesses to help them effectively communicate with Associates.
- Participates in broad and targeted communication measurement activities, such as surveys, focus groups and interviews.
- Monitors and interprets publication analytics and adjusts accordingly.
- Stays abreast of internal communication trends and incorporates best practices appropriately.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or a related field such as Journalism, Public Relations, or English; experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 4-5+ years of experience in strategic communications
- 3+ years project management experience managing communications.
- Experience with graphic design, HTML, and content management systems are a plus.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, have superior organizational skills, and the proven ability to manage time effectively and juggle multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Superior AP style writing and editing skills; ability to edit the work of others and write for all audiences including a public audience.
- Ability to understand the big picture, think strategically, and take action while linking communications plans and activities to business results.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in cross-functional teams and foster collaborative work relationships at all organizational levels.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company top to bottom, including most senior company management.
- Results orientation and analytic skills to assess client-level needs and make strategic recommendations to improve outcomes
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and digital publishing.
AAA Club Alliance (ACA) is an equal opportunity employer.
Our investment in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At ACA, we are committed to cultivating a welcoming and inclusive workplace of team members with diverse backgrounds and experiences to enable us to meet our goals and support our values while serving our Members and customers. We strive to attract and retain candidates with a passion for their work and we encourage all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color , gender, identity, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical ability or national origin, to apply.
Media - Journalism - Newspaper