We’re betting you could probably use a little more organization in your life. Because the more together you (and your belongings) are, the easier it is to do your job and push your career forward.
Below is a no-BS, step-by-step guide to organizing every part of your life. Even better? Every article comes from the dedicated experts here at The Daily Muse —meaning you can trust all of this advice. So get ready, dive in, and become the person The Container Store wants you to be.
Step 1: Clean Your Desk and Make it a Place You Want to Work
We’ll start with the basics: where you work every day. Make sure it’s clean, neat, and inspiring. Here’s what we suggest you start with:
- Try these eight quick and easy hacks to get your design and function under control ( and give the right impression to anyone who walks by).
- Remove everything, except essentials .
- Then treat yourself to one accessory (or two) that’ll make you smile.
Step 2: Reclaim Your Computer
The overcluttered icons on your desktop and random folders are seriously crowding your computer. Don’t forget: Your online space needs to be clean, too.
- Turbo-clean your online life in order to streamline it a little bit better.
- Get inspired every day by using one of these 10 amazing desktop wallpapers .
- Download these six awesome browser extensions and watch yourself get way more productive.
Step 3: Reach Out to Your Network
It’s time to get your social life in order, specifically your professional social life.
- Do the following every month, week, and day on LinkedIn to stay on top of your game.
- Reach out to all of your contacts, especially if you haven’t spoken in a long time .
- Add these three types of people to your circle if you want to strengthen your contact list.
Step 4: Refresh Your Inbox
“My inbox is already so pristine 24/7,” said (almost) no one ever. Learn tips and tricks that work for you—so that you can conquer your email (instead of the other way around).
- Consider installing one of these six apps that are proven to help you boost your productivity and whittle down your inbox.
- Switch your inbox zero strategy to find one that works for you and your schedule.
- Read this guide to help you figure out how to handle every message that comes in.
Step 5: Reinvigorate Your To-Do Lists
Figuring out the perfect to-do list strategy may take time, but it’ll totally be worth it when you’re getting through your agenda like a champ.
- Give one of these 12 cool planners a try.
- Use one of these five lesser known strategies to get yourself in the zone and check all the tasks off.
- Find the perfect app based on your personality and goals— it can be totally life-changing (trust us).
Step 6: Rethink Your Career Goals
It’s time to kick your goal-setting into high gear.
- Make one of these 16 career-boosting lists for a little direction.
- Know how to come up with a plan that you can actually accomplish.
- Try out work commandments on yourself.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your new, organized life going!