If Everyone Chips in $5: The Best Group Gifts for Any Co-worker Occasion
Hot Jobs on The Muse
I bet it’s happened in your office. A co-worker announces he’s engaged, or that her wife is pregnant, or that she’s leaving the workforce after 30 years of a successful career. You congratulate them, ask all your most burning questions (Can you name the baby after me?), and then it hits you—you have to get a gift.
Maybe Jan already bought her present, and you’re scared what you get won’t be as good (or as pricey, Jan can be a show-off).
Have no fear, we’ve got the ultimate solution: Go in on a group gift. Seriously, this not only saves you and your team the hassle, but guarantees your co-worker will get the perfect gift for the situation.
And if you’re not sure where to start, we’ve compiled 21 ideas for any burning occasion. You’re welcome.
1. A Nice Bottle of Champagne, Varies
Cheers to the happy couple!
2. The Newlywed Cookbook, $35
Because couples that cook together, stay together (and bring the leftovers to work the next day).
3. “You Wash, I’ll Dry” Dish Towels, $38
Teamwork makes the dream work, right?
4. Donate to a Charity in Their Name
Do you know a cause near and dear to their hearts? If so, this is the perfect gift that truly gives back.
5. Lollipop Bouquet, $24.99
A cute (and tasty) spin on the classic bouquet.
Pregnancy or Baby Shower
6. Welcome Home Baby Set, $68.50
One less thing for the working mother or father to worry about.
7. Personalized Lion Blanket, $40
Animals and blankets? What could be better?
8. Le Petit Baby Book
Because everyone knows the expecting parents want to show off all the pics.
9. Bundle of Joy Basket, $49.95
Get them all the essentials, all in one nifty package.
10. Prenatal Massage, Varies
Seriously, this will make their day.
11. Death Star Waffle Maker, $50
For the Star Wars fanatic and waffle enthusiast.
12. Iced Tea Starter Kit, $35
All the ingredients for the perfect afternoon (iced) tea.
13. Big Personality Desk Signs, $28
So your boss can say how she really feels.
14. Ziggy Socks Gift Box, $45
For the colleague who always has style below the ankles.
15. “Cat’s the Way I Like it” Shot Glass Set, $21.99
Some feline fun never hurt anyone.
16. Make Your Own Hot Sauce Kit, $34.95
So they never run out of their favorite condiment.
Going Away or Retirement
17. Bloody Mary Diagram Glassware Set of 2, $25
Because they deserve a drink after all their hard work.
18. My Life Story So Far Journal, $30
Help them track their awesome life (and career) with this cute but simple notebook.
19. “‘Tis the Fantasy-son” USB Foot Warmers, $39.99
Wherever they go, the magic of toasty feet will join them.
20. Milk Chocolate Lovers Tasting Gift Set, $67
Chocolate so good, they won’t want to share.
21. Custom Bobble Head, $99.99
A small desk accessory that’ll remind them that your team was the best team.
Not sold on any of these? That’s OK—we have a gift guide for people who pack lunch every day, people who love desk accessories, and people who are addicted to coffee. And if none of those have the right item, we feel pretty good that you can’t go wrong getting anything on this list.