If you’re the type of person who needs to sling back three shots of espresso to feel mildly awake, the morning can be a struggle. It can be even worse if you have a long work day ahead of you that requires you to be on your A-game from the second you walk in the office.
Need a little help feeling more attentive in the AM? We’ve searched the web for the best tips and tricks to get you feeling awake, alert, and enthusiastic—now.
- Here’s an interesting tidbit: The secrets to being more on it in the morning include watching baby videos and taking long showers. (99U)
- Are you a coffee drinker? Fun fact: You’ve probably been drinking your coffee at the wrong time in the morning, making you feel less active than you could. (Fast Company)
- If you’re looking to stay away from the caffeine, there are plenty of great non-caffeinated ways to get yourself ready for the day ahead. (Inc.)
- Researchers have found that blue light, while hazardous to sleep, can help you stay awake during the day. So, the question is, are you feeling blue? (Psychology Today)
- Any list about being awake isn’t complete without a discussion of sleep, so here’s something newer: Sleep is actually more important than food. (Harvard Business Review)
- Science is awesome, so here are 28 science-backed ways to totally boost your energy right this second. (Greatist)
- If you want to feel more awake on a daily basis, you’re going to have to change some of your sleep habits. (Lifehack)
- So, you’ve gotten yourself up in the morning, but now you’re afraid of falling back asleep later in the day. Luckily, there are ways to avoid the afternoon slump. (Business Insider)
Need more help feeling awake in the morning? Check out our suggestions!
- How to Stay Energized at Work (All Day, Every Day)
- Sweeter Dreams: 7 Surprising Tips for Better Sleep
- Links We Love: Get Some Sleep
Photo of blue bedding courtesy of Shutterstock.