If you’re the type of person who needs to sling back three shots of espresso to feel mildly awake, the morning can be a struggle. It can be even worse if you have a long work day ahead of you that requires you to be on your A-game from the second you walk in the office.
Need a little help feeling more attentive in the AM? We’ve searched the web for the best tips and tricks to get you feeling alert, awake, and enthusiastic—now.
- Here’s an interesting tidbit: The secrets to being more on it in the morning include watching baby videos and taking long showers . (99U)
- Are you a coffee drinker? Fun fact: You’ve probably been drinking your coffee at the wrong time in the morning, making you feel less active than you could. (Fast Company)
- If you’re looking to stay away from the caffeine, there are plenty of great non-caffeinated ways to get yourself ready for the day ahead. (Inc.)
- Researchers have found that blue light, while hazardous to sleep, can help you stay awake during the day. So, the question is, are you feeling blue? (Psychology Today)
- Any list about being awake isn’t complete without a discussion of sleep, so here’s something newer: Sleep is actually more important than food . (Harvard Business Review)
- Science is awesome, so here are 28 science-backed ways to totally boost your energy right this second. (Greatist)
- If you want to feel more awake on a daily basis, you’re going to have to change some of your sleep habits . (Lifehack)
- So, you’ve gotten yourself up in the morning, but now you’re afraid of falling back asleep later in the day . Luckily, there are ways to avoid the afternoon slump. (Business Insider)
Need more help feeling awake in the morning? Check out our suggestions!
- How to Stay Energized at Work (All Day, Every Day)
- Sweeter Dreams: 7 Surprising Tips for Better Sleep
- Links We Love: Get Some Sleep