7 Reasons We Love and Hate the Office Etiquette Enforcer
Offices would be incomplete without that one co-worker who takes it upon him- or herself to enforce the general (and mostly unspoken) rules of the workplace.
Sometimes, we appreciate the fact that someone finally spoke up against microwaving odorous lunches in the community kitchen, infecting the whole office with an ungodly stench. Other times, the “friendly” little notes left around the break room can really bring down morale.
Here are just a few reasons we love (and love to hate) the office etiquette enforcer (or, as we lovingly call her, the OEE).
1. The OEE leaves notes around the office asking people to do their part.
2. But uses a playful font to lessen the blow–most likely the dreaded Comic Sans.
3. When someone gets too loud, the OEE signals to use inside voices.
4. Unless it’s someone on a personal phone call. Oh, the eavesdropping opportunities!
5. The OEE reminds everyone that email chains are inappropriate for the workplace.
6. Unless, of course, it’s a cat gif. Doesn’t everyone love cats?
7. No matter what, the OEE doesn’t hold back—she speaks her mind about what’s bothering her (or anyone else).
Just remember, while the OEE can be annoying, she's the one who does all the dirty work to make the office a more pleasant place to be. Thank your OEE today!
Hailing from Philadelphia, Kathryn Amrhein works in higher education doing fundraising for her alma mater, Temple University. Some of her extracurriculars include being a novice triathlete and half marathoner, movie and TV buff, improv newbie, and quizzo player extraordinaire.More from this Author