Our Calibration, Localization, and Mapping (CLAMS) team is responsible for building the algorithms and tools necessary for keeping Zoox vehicles well calibrated, always knowing where they’re located within the world, and aware of their environment. Without precise calibration, localization, and mapping our vehicles would be at a disadvantage when it comes to perceiving and reasoning about the surrounding world, and is therefore foundational in enabling results from many other teams across Zoox. This work is critical for scaling autonomous driving in a safe and reliable way. We are looking for engineers who are ambitious and excited about helping Zoox deliver on its goals to deliver autonomous mobility.
- As a Mapping Frontend Software Engineer, you will design and develop scalable, easy to use tools to enable anyone in the business to understand and interact with our 3D map data. Your role will be to quickly prototype new tools and features, then iterate with the Backend team to build a robust production version, capable of handling the scale we need. Our ideal frontend mapping engineer has a passion for building elegant and intuitive user interfaces to represent complex data. Performance is important here; our map tools need to handle very large amounts of data, so an understanding of proper data structures and data efficiency is important.
- At least 6 years of industry experience with with performant web application front-end application development
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Experience working with geographic data
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with graphics libraries such as OpenGL, WebGL, three.js
- Strong mathematical skills
- Familiarity with autonomous robots
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.