As a FW Functional Safety Engineer in Advanced Hardware Engineering (AHE), you will be responsible for implementation and verification of FW safety requirements for sensor, computer, and control modules and provide guidance in architecture design. In addition, you will review safety mechanisms on both custom and 3rd party hardware architectures at the module level. You will work closely with systems engineers, design engineers, and test engineers to fully capture functional safety requirements and the capability of our hardware. Your analysis and assessment will be paramount to all other requirements with respect to our hardware
- Engage with suppliers and review work products to conduct detailed functional safety analysis
- Work with system engineers to develop and document module level functional safety requirements
- Work with hardware and FW design engineers to characterize architectures and decompose module level requirements into board level component requirements
- Work with test engineers to design tests to qualify failure modes, quantify failure rates, and execute HIL fault injection tests to validate functional safety models
- Interface closely with the internal safety systems team at Zoox
- Ability to review Hardware-Software Interface documentation and help implement/verify safety mechanisms
- Review, approve and provide guidance for architecture proposals and design verification plans
- B.S. or higher degree in Aerospace, Automotive, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of work experience with implementation or verification of FW drivers for safety critical ECU’s
- Strong background in C / C++ programming for embedded Linux or micro-controllers
- Experience with low-level interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN
- Firmware development and verification experience within standards such as: ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred), DOORS or Jama
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.