The primary function of the MRO Buyer at Xometry will be to process all requests for proposals and prepare quotes for tooling and MRO products for customers. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail, work with a sense of urgency, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Build, develop and maintain good vendor relationships.
- Reconcile any receiving and invoice issues.
- Coordinate and reconcile vendor return issues with appropriate departments.
- Work with freight carriers to assure on-time delivery, and expedite deliveries on selected products.
- Complete necessary reporting.
- Assist and coordinate internal and external orders for secondary processes, transfers and kitting.
- Source and quote as needed for existing items.
- Communicate and coordinate with other cross functional departments.
- Frequent and meaningful contact internally and externally with suppliers, vendors and accounting on follow-ups, quality issues, invoice issues or other needs or concerns.
- Participation in special projects and perform additional duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years experience quoting tooling and MRO products.
- Previous quoting and/or purchasing experience preferred.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel required.
- Prophet-21 ERP experience a plus.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills, as well as solid math and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to persuade and negotiate with suppliers.
What You'll Enjoy
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and company match
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free coffee
- And more!
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.