Information Technology Lead - Building Technology
- San Francisco, CA
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology team's mission is to Empower WeWork and its Members with world-class technology infrastructure, support and services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure and IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, and easy-to-consume way. The technology we build and manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries and continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their life's work.
Our Technology Leads are at the forefront of our business and our mission to empower and support our members. Each Lead is responsible for managing the wide variety of "Technology Services and Infrastructure" in our ever-growing catalog of buildings. Each location offers a variety of the latest networking, A/V and workplace Tech to provide our members anything and everything they require to thrive in our shared and dynamic workspace.
If you thrive in an ever changing and challenging work environment, working independently, and are always thinking of how to provide the very best Tech experience then this is the place for you!
You are highly autonomous, possesses effective written and verbal communication skills, strong sense of ownership, adapts quickly to new technologies, and have high career growth potential. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Responsible for the performance and design of the IT infrastructure, services and education of the Community Teams throughout the territory
- Primary interface for the Member Technology Team providing a positive experience for WeWork Members through tailored IT solutions and the development of tailored IT Services
- Provide prompt response to Member problems and requests with little daily supervision
- Manage and engage third party vendors to perform cabling repairs and approved installs
- Coordinate and support other Tech Leads and Tech Associates to excellent and consistent Member Experiences at various locations in the region through Remote and On-site support
- Coordinate and partner with the other Technology Teams for troubleshooting and resolution of LAN & Wireless Network issues
- Coordinate and partner with the Member Technology Business Development Team with the opening of new locations and the provision of services to our Enterprise Members
- Configuration of network printing resources including printer servers, printers and other peripheral devices
- An associate degree and 2+ years of technical experience preferred (Tech support, field work, CCNA, etc.)
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills including empathy, diplomacy skills, and problem ownership
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions for Members • Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users
- Expert knowledge of the operation of Microsoft and Apple based business applications and operating systems
- Knowledge of data networking principles and architecture
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with Members and internal Team Members
- Ability to use support tools to speed up problem solving and improve own productivity
- Identify and consult with management regarding solutions to complex projects and intiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top