ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
Role x You
The Social Editor will create and execute the growth strategy, from inception to publishing, for VMG brands. The position requires strong creative intuition, brand awareness, an in-depth knowledge of the industry and trends, and a passion for growth strategy. Along with establishing and maintaining the look and voice of the channel, this position continuously pushes the brand forward.
As part of daily responsibilities, this role includes writing, copy editing, tracking and publishing assets, while collaborating with outside teams, such as commerce, editorial, marketing, etc, to hit company goals. *This role is covered under the WGAE union*
What you’ll do:
- Maintain a programming calendar for VMG brands’ Instagram channels, covering feed, stories, and Reels.
- Upload, caption, and schedule or post with necessary tags and hashtags all assets on stories, feed, and Reels (including pre-scheduling weekend and holiday posts, live-posting as necessary)
- Input and manage requests for original designs, photography, and videos for all aspects of Instagram, including celebrity and company initiative assets
- Design, edit, and/or produce assets for feed and stories and give notes on original Instagram-first videos, as needed
- Source UGC and regram assets for feed and stories
- Manage workflow of editorial posts on Vice, working with the branded social team to coordinate posting and schedules.
- Ideate and create social-first initiatives and new series (both flat and video) in partnership with our video and commerce teams, including monthly tests based on data of top and bottom performers
- Work to secure partnerships, social swaps, takeovers, and shoutout with internal and third party teams, as needed to grow our follower count and engagement
- Track weekly analytics of editorial stories, monthly analytics as necessary
- Cover other Instagram channels as needed / when requested
What you’ll have:
- 1-2 years experience in social media management, marketing, or similar roles
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, as well as an eye for design, a sharp sense of humor, and an instinct for what is trending in the social realm
- An understanding of the VMG brands, concerning both visuals and voice
- Experience with social analytics and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
What you’ll need to be successful:
- An extremely collaborative mindset, with excellent communication and organizational skills
- The desire to work and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- A proactive, positive attitude, and a knack for creative solutions