ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
VICE+ is responsible for the advertising and content solutions across all the VICE properties. With a team of digital experts dedicated to the design and development of media strategies - from inception to execution – VICE+ works with agencies and clients to successfully realise media projects, from advertising solutions through to brand platform launches, social strategy, sponsorship and more. Sales, Planning and Ad Operations sit together in one unit, working towards shared objectives and accountability.
Role x You
As our Senior Producer, you will work closely with senior members of the VICE+ team, namely the Executive Producer, Executive Creative Director, Director of Commercial Production and VP Production & Delivery, to produce a range of film projects across our commercial platforms, including projects with our inhouse agency Virtue. You will develop & lead on production and post-production across short-form, mid-form and long-form content, predominantly for VICE but also Refinery29 and i-D when required.
You will be experienced in unearthing new and exciting talent both in front of and behind the camera and will have an innate understanding of the VICE tone of voice, as well as the Refinery29 and i-D’s. You will maintain, develop and help evolve the VICE+ creative output to ensure we are best in class for branded content that engages with our audience in a way that no other media owners can deliver.
- Work with the Executive Producer, Creative Director and production team to produce content from end to end, starting at research and development, through to shoot, edit and delivery.
- Be actively involved in the pre-sale process, working hand in hand with the Creative, Strategy and Sales teams to help respond to pitches and briefs, developing ideas and writing budgets and schedules at pre-sale stage.
- Be responsible for creative budgets & schedules and for accurate production pricing from pitch phase (ballparking) through to final budget.
- Take an active role in ensuring the efficient running of post-sales production processes.
- Recruit and manage a team of creative collaborators for every project, across a spectrum of skills and budget tiers, including directors, shooting-directors, DOPs, editors and MGFX artists.
- Having a real affinity for being on location, managing crews & working closely with the Account Management & Creative team to manage clients.
- During filming, duties include: making sure that the production runs to schedule & budget, managing the talent, director, crew on set/location.
- Ensure production schedules, budgets, legal compliance & H&S are met and work is delivered to the highest standard
- Managing all project documentation: scope, timeline, status, budget (updating the cost manager tracker) and deliverables tracker.
- Ensuring smooth asset delivery to client via the Account Management team as well as washing up projects when relevant and sharing learnings across departments
- Shoots may require flexible working hours and overseas travel.
You have these:
- 5 years experience
- A proven track record of leading productions across a range of budgets and timelines, with an understanding of how and when to scale production value up or down.
- A strong sensibility for story and ability to develop ideas across a variety of formats and genres, based on an understanding of what works on different digital platforms.
- An extensive network of freelance directors, shooting directors, PDs, editors, DOPs and MGFX artists, with expertise across commercial, broadcast and digital.
- Experience of producing content for brands and an understanding of how to communicate production approaches, restrictions and developments effectively.
- An ability to work well under pressure and flexibility in coping with rapidly changing circumstances.
We’d love if you also had these:
- A passion and understanding of VICE Media Group, our content, tone of voice and proposition.
- Experience of producing commercial and editorial content for broadcast and digital platforms, as well as commercial projects.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures and see it as essential to our staff, culture and business. To learn more read the VICE GUIDE TO VICE.
Equal Employment Opportunities
VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity are major benefits to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorisation to work in the UK. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.