ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
And now, building off the success of VICE News in the U.S, VICE World News is a newly-launched content hub from VICE Media Group, producing hundreds of hours of international television, digital and audio news programming for a global audience. The premium documentaries, docu-series and original podcasts will focus on the core issues that so define VICE's content: extremism, climate, drugs, privacy, politics, inequality and race.
VICE World News x Team
Building off the success of VICE News in the U.S, VICE World News is a newly-launched content hub from VICE Media Group, producing hundreds of hours of international television, digital and audio news programming for a global audience. The premium documentaries, docu-series and original podcasts will focus on the core issues that so define VICE's content: climate and sustainability, LGBTQI+, race, tech, finance, work, inequality and race.
VICE World News works with agencies and marketers directly to successfully execute integrated marketing campaigns inclusive of media, sponsored editorial, custom content, social, experiential and more. This agile team works with departments from across the VICE portfolio, tapping into media and production expertise, to ensure successful results for the world's most cutting edge and purpose-driven marketers. As a new arm of the European business, you will work directly alongside the sales team and play a key role in steering the direction of VICE World News commercial partnerships across the region.
Role x You
You’ve got a strategic, creative and analytical mind with keen interests in digital innovation, news, and the broader media landscape. You’ll be reporting into the UK Director of Client Strategy, but working closely alongside members of teams from across the business with a remit to work on campaigns across Europe and collaborating with our US and AMEA teams on global opportunities.
In the short term you’ll be working closely with the Global editorial teams, marketing teams and sales leads to understand, develop and package formats and franchises to create compelling commercial opportunities for marketers that deliver against their goals and our revenue targets.
After 6 months in this role we see you playing an active role in supporting the editorial calendar, aligning VICE World News pillars with key client strategies and working alongside sales leads to ensure representation of VWN in broader client discussions. You’ll become a core part of the VICE World News team, across discussions that go beyond the commercial remit.
And after a year you’ll help increase VICE World News’ sphere of influence, tapping into teams from across the business and around the world to craft larger opportunities for clients delivered by an expanded team.
Playing a role in the continued expansion of VICE World News and helping raise our profile with clients across Europe guiding them through the value quality news content brings when connecting with audiences.
You have these:
- Previous publisher, agency or media experience, preferably with a news background.
- Key examples of strategic excellence in the publishing, agency or media space, and case studies to back it up.
- Knowledge of news publishing and its wider role in relation to partnership opportunities.
- A deep understanding of media strategy / formats and platform distribution.
- Knowledge of organic vs. paid content distribution across platforms.
- Proficiency in presentation development, preferably Google Slides.
- Enjoy working with clients and presenting ideas to Senior Clients, agencies and internal stakeholders.
- Passion for making work that stands out and makes a difference for our audience.
- Understanding and interest in the application of commercial partnerships on digital and social platforms.
- Excellent awareness of VICE and our approach to content.
- Forward thinking approach to consumer insights and data, utilising platforms such as Facebook and Instagram for commercial pitches.
We’d love if you also had these:
- Flair for design is always useful.
- Experience of working for European news brands is a plus.
- Start-up experience launching a new product within a large media company or independent start-up
- Experience working on partnerships that run in multiple territories and in different languages.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.