ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
VICE Studios is an international television and feature film production facility from VICE Media,
encompassing the development, production, financing and distribution of multi-platform content for
audiences globally. With outposts all over the world, VICE Studios produces quality scripted,
entertainment and factual formats.
Role x You
This role will report to the EVP of US Studios and GM of LATAM & U.S. Hispanics and be a driving
force behind the development of fresh, relevant and cutting-edge ideas for new content in both the
LATAM and US Hispanics markets. This role will also build relationships and partnerships for the department
while supporting and managing productions as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with up-and-coming talent, brands and companies to generate compelling partnerships
- Solicit and review external pitches for development consideration for LATAM and US Hispanics
- Support senior executives in the daily management of assigned series development projects
- Support series throughout production including watching dailies and cuts
- Pitch IP and projects to talent and potential partners.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with industry contacts (agents, managers, studios, networks)
- Coordinate check-ins across multiple international time zones
In the short term you are contributing to works in progress and elevating them through strong collaboration with your teammates while also bringing new ideas to the table to develop and add to the active VICE Studios slate.
But after 6 months in this role you’ll be pitching projects actively across to all vendors while continuously developing relationships with external and internal stakeholders across the board.
You have these:
- 10+ years of creative experience in television or studio
- Must have strong writing and excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to provide confidentiality and discretion, and act with excellent judgment.
- Strong Development history and talent for identifying unique materials across LATAM and US Hispanics market
- Strong organizational skills, detail-orientation, and world class prioritization and multi-tasking
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Able to speak and read Spanish
We’d love if you also had these:
An extensive knowledge of talent and strong relationships with LATAM industry contacts.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.