ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
Role x You
The Product Support Manager provides an autonomous first level of support to VICE Media Group’s internal teams and assists them with any issues pertaining to our content management system and website performance.
- As a Product Support Manager, you will be given the tools and training to work independently in your timezone for a Global Product & Engineering Team.
- You will receive and review support tickets submitted from the editorial team and work with the product and engineering team to understand and resolve the problem.
- If a question cannot be immediately answered, you will be expected to use available resources and consult with the product team to advance the resolution of the issue in a timely manner.
- For bugs and issues that require development work, you will be required to create an in depth ticket describing the issue, including instructions on how to reproduce it.
- You will be expected to create and share regular reports including high-priority issues and progress of open tickets.
- Support responsibilities described above will take up about 80% of your time. In addition, you may be requested to engage in activities such as training or to participate in company events such as product launches, at the request of the Product team.
- 4+ years experience in a frontline technical support role
- Familiarity with project management ticketing systems (we use Jira)
- Strong written (we use Slack) and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of editorial content management systems - particularly WordPress - strongly preferred
- High attention to detail and self-organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.