ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
Role x You
Vice Media is looking for a Senior Manager of Corporate Strategy & Development to be responsible for assisting the Chief Strategy Officer and the Corporate Strategy team across the development, communication, planning and execution of strategic initiatives across corporate strategy, business development, corporate development and M&A. A successful candidate will bring to the team a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, ability to drive process, attention to detail, as well as strong communication and management skills.
- Ongoing assessment of industry and competitive landscape identifying key industry trends
- Work with business units to define, formulate, develop, plan and execute new opportunities for growth through business development, corporate development and M&A initiatives
- Cultivate, develop and manage of a business & corporate development, investment, partnership and acquisition pipeline
- Drive quantitative and qualitative analysis for strategic initiatives
- Identify, asses and execute M&A, investments and partnership/joint-venture opportunities
- Manage execution including diligence, negotiations, structuring and integration
- Work with internal corporate teams to document, finance and communicate deals
- Partner with leadership and outside service providers to support execution of key initiatives
- Work with business units to ensure business initiatives reflect corporate strategy
- Supporting the execution of strategic projects: project scoping and work planning, strategic analysis, formalization of recommendations, coordination of stakeholders
- Providing ad hoc strategic analysis to support decision making process of executive team
- Assist in the corporate strategic planning process across business units
- Advisory resource across organization on various key business issues and initiatives
- Monitor investments, partnerships/JVs for performance, etc.
You have these:
- Education: Degree in Business / Finance or other relevant subject
- Experience: Minimum 3 years' experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting or Corporate Finance with roles in strategy and mergers & acquisitions
- Industry: Experience in and passion for media, entertainment and digital media
We’d love if you also had these:
- Positive mindset, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to adapt
- Structured and analytical problem solver
- Strong business modeling skills, with a commitment to accuracy and credibility
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex insights simply and clearly articulate recommendations
- Ability to earn trust and work with different levels of stakeholders in various environments
- Eager to learn the key strategic levers in the industry
- Strong communication skills (memos and written presentations)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.