ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture
Role x You
The Director, Talent Acquisition will lead a team of TA professionals and partner with leaders across linear, digital and corporate to hire top talent. Reporting to the VP, Talent Management, you will lead an end-to-end recruitment process that is inclusive, free of bias and results oriented. You will deliver proactive strategies, both traditional and out of the box, to source, attract, and recruit top tier talent in a competitive market while continuously striving for a best in class candidate experience by partnering with internal stakeholders.
- Manage Vice Media Group’s Talent Acquisition function, comprised of full-time and contract recruiters
- Lead intake meetings and collaborate with hiring managers on the recruitment strategy for open roles
- Train hiring teams on a best in class hiring process including coaching and providing them with interview questions and materials that mitigate bias while upholding a consistent candidate experience.
- Be a trusted advisor during debrief sessions to client partners and interview team
- Build pipeline and recruit prospects from industry events with an eye on diversity
- Partner with HRBP and Talent Management teams to ensure a superior candidate and employee experience from recruitment to onboarding
- Meet talent sourcing and pipeline goals driven by business objectives in a timely fashion
- Assist VP, Talent Management with any special projects to improve candidate experience and create efficiencies
- Minimum of 5 years of Recruiting experience, preferably within the media, digital, publishing, entertainment industries
- Previous management experience, ideally overseeing talent acquisition professionals
- Experience developing recruitment strategies for a variety of roles across corporate, legal, tech and creative.
- Sharp understanding of news, TV and production business
- A player/coach with the ability to both shape recruiting strategy and manage the day-to-day operations of a dynamic function
- Top-notch relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of successful, independent management of high-volume recruitment
- Ability to manage and balance multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Previous experience with Google Suite, Workday and Linkedin Recruiter preferred but not required.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.