Virtue is the creative agency born from Vice.
Since 2006, we’ve used our entertainment DNA to help brands capture the attention of their audiences with work that speaks to our most primal instincts of pleasure, attraction and delight. We believe in commanding, not demanding; entertaining, not interrupting; contributing, not leaching. Because brands should add to the world they want to be a part of - not distract from it.
Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the world and makes 1700 pieces of content every day through five key lines of business: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE Studios, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world.
VICE is the home base of all things fashion, food, music, identity & more. We strive to capture people at the heart of stories, and focus on the ideas, issues and context that other outlets miss.
Virtue is seeking an experienced Business Director to join our Growth/ Client Service team and push forward the boundaries of marketing. A person who loves what they do, culturally savvy and is interested in all aspects of pop culture and passion points. At Virtue, we collaborate with the biggest brands, the brightest minds, and the most inspirational thought leaders in the world.
In this position you will be responsible for a combination of agency growth with new business, and management of our existing client base. You are a new business hunter and a trusted advisor, your focus is on ensuring that Virtue’s services are pivotal to improving business results (for Virtue and our present & future clients).
You are responsible for mid to long-term planning, strategic consulting and overall business/ account growth. You set the direction of your region portfolio and create conditions for our team to be successful. Additional responsibilities include team leadership, management and oversight. You are working to deliver world class marketing programs in service of our client’s and partners all while driving forward the success of virtue.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership and action in driving new business for Virtue within India, working closely with the India VMG commercial team, and AMEA region Virtue team.
- Actively pursue new opportunities to grow or build new revenue streams for Virtue (or Vice Media Media Group.). Pus comfort & confidence in running new business pitches from top to tail.
- KPI achievement against pipeline creation for India, and continuing to build substantial business/ contact network within region.
- Achievement of region business unit annual revenue goals & margin yield.
- Own and develop senior level client relationships (internal/external) and work to contribute strategic value beyond day-to-day operation. Accountable for client satisfaction and financial health of business portfolio.
- Creation and implementation of strategic planning initiatives for Virtue India. Consultation also for the growth of Vice media Group within India.
- Effective in balancing client and agency demands to deliver high quality work.
- Best practice/ Process evangelist, understand the importance of being on point with this.
- Strong understanding of marketing/ advertising/ media within India (and globally), to be able to broadcast this knowledge to both our team & client partners.
- Team leadership & department collaboration.
EXPERIENCE + EDUCATION
- 10+ years of experience in client services and new business, management consulting, or other related fields. Prior creative agency experience mandatory.
- Experience with ownership of a eight revenue targets and business/ account P&L
- Passionate leader of integrated business teams that harness brand and customer insight to drive transformational marketing strategies and results.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Strategic thinker who is always solutions orientated.
- A mentor and a motivator – you strike the right balance between getting people to think for themselves, but knowing they are supported during the decision-making process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, you drive excellence by pushing for out of the box thinking. You can spot an opportunity long before the client has.
- Client whisper – clients look to you for guidance and trust your approach.
- You have the ability to drive efficiencies through process improvements/automation.
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm and motivate strategic thinking.
- You lead by example with a strong work ethic and big personality that inspires the best approach to internal and external communication, exemplifies accountability and follows through.
- Calm under pressure but fiery about delivering best in class work.
- Self-motivated, you just get on with it. Driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.