ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
About The Team:
We create content for Refinery29 Unbothered, the sub-brand dedicated to celebrating and serving Black millennial women. Our team operates across several departments including editorial, social and video. We create anything from long-form articles and programs to social assets and videos. We help shape and guide how Refinery29 supports and serves the Black femme audience, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, and discussion every day.
As the lead writer on our creative branded team you’ll work on the most exciting brand programs that exist today.You’ll be at the forefront of Unbothered’s continued expansion into new types of branded storytelling. You’ll conceive, assign, write and edit branded articles, stories, infographics, and more. You’ll pitch interesting angles, generate copy, craft compelling headlines; collaborate on branded campaign materials; and work with our design, sales, creative, editorial and other teams to produce content that achieves a brand’s goals and speaks to the Unbothered audience.
- Conceptualize original, ambitious branded editorial campaigns that translate our clients’ objectives into great content to include articles or developing something entirely new
- Work with both the branded and editorial teams on campaign development
- Work with the Creative Group and the editors to assign and source writers, directors, producers, designers and any other necessary talent
- Assist the social team in ideating and creating social assets to support campaigns
- Conceptualize and write articles in our CMS for our site that support our branded campaigns
- Collaborate with social media leads to develop concepts for new materials
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently and pitch new, exciting ideas on a consistent basis
- Immerse yourself in each VICE vertical to understand its voice, audience and the content that works best in that environment
- Develop & execute VICE’s multimedia branded content offering alongside the creative, design and product teams
- Conceive, pitch and produce writing-led content programs for our brand partners
- Commission writers and edit their pieces, and occasionally write pieces yourself
- Be the go-to writer & editor for creative needs across all of our brand programs
The ideal candidate will have
- 5+ years experience working in digital media; a combination of journalism and agency experience is ideal but not mandatory
- A deep understanding of the editorial side of publishing and the ability to apply that knowledge to achieve a client’s goals
- Familiar with the Unbothered brand and audience
- A history of executing branded content campaigns at an agency, publisher or brand
- A desire to work in a creative, entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail, a love of grammar and a passion for copyediting
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.