About VICE Media Group
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Vision and Values
We are here to create a place for people and their ideas. VICE was started by people who wanted to make things they cared about, and who took on the world with curiosity, radical thinking, and an audacious spirit. We are still that company.
Activation is the strategic distribution of VICE Media Group’s content to an audience where they are most active, which is on social platforms. We are integrated with all teams with the shared goal of distributing content that resonates with our readers on the right platforms. Using predictive targeting, historical insights and benchmarks along with real time data, we’re able to match content with the appropriate audience.
VICE Media Group is looking for an Activation associate who is extremely analytical and obsessed with data and insights. This role will be pivotal in assisting the development of the distribution product and how we deliver content to millions of smart, stylish, creative readers each month.
So who’s a good fit? Someone who is eager, ambitious, curious, data-driven, creative, and fun! Someone who likes to own projects, run experiments, and use data to draw actionable insights. Someone who lives in pivot tables and is an active content consumer. This role is for someone who likes to be challenged.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning Work with internal teams to recommend cohesive activation plans (platform, audience, packaging & pricing). Consult on trends and best practices.
- Implement: Create and manage campaigns on social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, etc)
- Optimize: Monitor pacing, performance and budgets to inform optimizations creating efficiencies across multiple programs
- Report what matters: Create standard and custom reports that will fold into larger program wrap ups
- Offer insights: Analyze programs to create insights and recommendations. Monitor industry trends, strategies and best practices to inform new testing opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Entry level role; related digital or social internships preferred
- Hands on experience in the Facebook and Twitter business platforms; knowledge of social landscape
- Ability to create and analyze reports using key metrics to drive overall social strategy
- Fluency in Excel modeling, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- Experience with web and social analytics (Google Analytics or similar)
- Organized and able to multitask efficiently
- Can work and communicate effectively with our writers, design, marketing, and commercial teams