Staff System Verification Engineer
- Mountain View, CA
Staff System Verification Engineer
Verb Surgical - a Google and Johnson and Johnson joint venture!
The Staff System Verification Engineer will develop tools and processes necessary for preparation and execution of design verification. They will work closely with system engineering and quality engineering to develop and ensure the testability of requirements, while developing test methods that will wholistically verify the safety and efficacy of the Verb Surgical system. This is a hands-on engineering role which touches on a broad variety of engineering disciplines required for formal testing of a complex surgical robotic system, including electrical, mechanical, and software. The individual will work closely with engineers from all functional teams.
Professional Experience/Skills/Background to be successful in this role:
- Written protocols and executed formal testing in medical device industry is a must
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with system assembly, bring-up, and testing
- Knowledge across disciplines: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering
- Understanding of engineering concepts such as system design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Experience developing and executing test method validation and equipment IQ/OQ
- Ability to design and develop complex electromechanical test fixtures to meet testing needs
- Ability to develop testing/analysis software scripts in Matlab, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience developing medical devices within FDA, ISO, and IEC requirements and guidelines including risk analysis and quality assurance
- Expertise partitioning and decomposing complex engineering problems into solvable problems
Education/ Training/ Certifications:
- B.S. in Engineering or other applicable technical degree +8 years experience or M.S./PhD in Engineering or other applicable technical degree +5 years experience
- Lead verification strategy and execution for sub-system/system while driving standardization across the verification team
- Work closely with system engineering and quality engineering ensuring requirement testability
- Provide technical leadership for the verification engineering team
- Develop test methods that meet requirement intent. This will include protocol development, fixture design, test method validation, script development, analysis of data, and report/test summary generation
- Lead system verification efforts to provide objective evidence in support of risk management file and functional safety report for detection and response to faults
- This role does have any physical demand requirements
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top