Senior Quality Engineer
- Mountain View, CA
Senior Quality Engineer
Verb Surgical - a Google and Johnson & Johnson joint venture!
Our Senior Quality Engineer will drive exceptional product quality, safety, design and reliability through the R&D/Product Development and Quality teams and into the product. This important technical position will have direct influence on component, assembly, and final product quality for R&D and production builds. This individual will actively participate in risk management, design concepts, design specifications, design for quality and manufacturing requirements, process/technology development, product verification/validation, project planning, and associated documentation.
Interact on a daily basis with R&D, Manufacturing/NPI, Quality and Purchasing resources as well as Marketing and the Program Management team to drive quality into the product design, advise the team on risks and standards and to mentor team members and junior engineers.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a quality engineering role. Experience in the medical device industry with complex systems strongly preferred
- B.S. or higher in Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of Design Controls and Risk Management for complex medical device products
- Practical understanding of human factors and usability engineering
- International experience with multi-cultural awareness preferred
- Working knowledge of biocompatibility and sterilization validation is a plus
- UDI labeling, WEEE and RoHS/REACH compliance knowledge is a plus
Up to 15%, but likely less
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top