Product Manager - Education
- Mountain View, CA
Product Manager, Software Services - Education
Verb Surgical - A Google and Johnson & Johnson joint venture
Our Product Managers oversee high impact Software products focused on addressing unmet medical needs for patients and surgeons. The Product Manager will work closely with engineering and key stakeholders to define, design, prototype, test, build and market features and product lines.
Leaning on a proven track record in product management, we expect this leader to drive our efforts to a robust suite of software experiences to bring step-change in surgery.
In this role you will:
- Work hands-on with design, engineering, and scientific teams to build functionality and execute on content strategy
- Craft and evaluate future product opportunities with our customers; create and maintain a consistent and measurable roadmap and release plans
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes working closely with designers and engineers
- Work closely with marketing, clinical, sales, legal and regulatory to launch products in global markets
- Drive a pipeline of product features and enhancements; constantly refine priorities to ensure alignment with company goals
- Apply your experience to provide strategic vision for a unified approach to bring step change in surgical practice
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Assist with product regulatory compliance and bringing new products to market
- The organization is flat, individual responsibility is big, and you are empowered to prioritize and make decisions to drive impact for the business
What we are looking for:
- A strong, independent contributor who is comfortable navigating ambiguity, working on developing health software applications never built before and has curiosity to learn a complex business area.
- Technical fluency, including an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with designers and engineers about certain decisions.
- A master of organization and prioritization who has the ability to triage multiple initiatives and focus our efforts on tackling the right problems first.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an affinity for comprehensive business and product documentation.
- Outstanding commitment to customer empathy and quality
- Understand healthcare interoperability especially in Claims, EMR, Clinical and Lab applications
- BA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience. MBA Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in product management, marketing or equivalent working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and or health software applications
Physical Demand: No physical demands required.
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top