Principal Clinical Engineer
- Mountain View, CA
Principle Clinical Engineer
Verb Surgical - a Google and Johnson and Johnson joint venture!
This role is a cross functional role that ties the customer and business needs to the technical innovations.
Professional Experience/Skills/Background to be successful in this role:
- 8+ years of experience in medical device industry
- Experience in robotic surgery
- Experience with running clinical labs
- Experience in mentoring great teams
Education/ Training/ Certifications:
- MS+ in engineering discipline
- Lead clinical engineering voice for a designated area of the verb platform
- Give team level updates in leadership meetings
- Be a driver of key strategy decisions
- Help develop the clinical engineering team growth
- Customer Delegate to the Engineering team
- Orchestrates and leads cross-functional projects and leads studies with KOL's in a clinical environment
- Collaborates with marketing teams to meet business needs
- Driver of design control processes
- Develop product requirements across the platform or major subsystem
- Develop and drive complex validation strategies
- Collaborate with regulatory to support regulatory submissions
- Driver of Clinical testing
- Ability to teach clinical tasks/procedures
- Ability to translate learning into action in simulated clinical environments
- Ability to direct team per prescribed testing plans to support development and FDA submissions.
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- This role expects the candidate to development into a strong principle level leader in the clinical engineering organization. With in 3 months the individual will have a base level understanding of the technology. With in 6 months the individual will be expected to lead their own projects and mentor team members.
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top