Global Risk and Security (GR&S) at Vanguard enables business strategy, protects client and Vanguard interests (e.g., assets and data), and stewards a strong risk culture. Our teams leverage enterprise-wide insights, deep expertise, and trusted advice so that across Vanguard leaders and crew drive faster, stronger, risk-informed decisions.
Chief Cloud Security Architect, IAM
will provide the vision, strategic direction, and initiative roadmap for enterprise-wide, transformational, technology imperatives for the Enterprise Security and Fraud organization. To define the reference and implementation Architectures for enterprise-wide, transformational, technology imperatives. To persuade and influence senior Business and Information Technology (IT) leaders on the security architecture direction for enterprise-wide, transformational, technology imperatives.
The role will be responsible for working with our Information Technology subdivision as Vanguard modernizes our technology stack and rapidly scales our use of cloud and SaaS offerings globally. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning on-prem, SaaS and cloud.
In this role you will
- Provide the security architectural leadership in shaping enterprise-wide, transformational, technology imperatives , which focus on both Business of IT (e.g., ITaaS) and firm-wide, business technology initiatives (e.g., Digital Business), critically dependent on emerging technology.
- Continuously pursues expert-level technical acumen:
- Establish working relationships with strategic and boutique technology providers.
- Leverage knowledge capital available through subscription research services.
- Leverage the Internet as a critical resource for related knowledge capital, inclusive of blogs, podcasts, webinar, etc.
- Attend conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc).
- Consume and contribute content from and to Open Source communities and leading Security publications and conferences
- Define reference and implementation architectures.
- Produce technology roadmaps in support of Vanguard's vision and strategy.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
- Monitor implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Ensure implementation solutions support architecture objectives (e.g., availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
- Participate in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
- Communicate complex technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Establish relationships with senior IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
- Coach and mentor more junior enterprise architects.
understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training or experience. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum eight plus years relevant work experience. - architecting, designing and developing large scale security solutions and experience working with product teams on specifying Secure Application Requirements
- Certifications: CISSP required, GSEC, AWS-SAP, CCSP, CSSLP and GIAC - GWEB preferred.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.