About the Role
US and Canada Community Operations (US&C CommOps) is part of the Global Community Operations organization which provides world-class customer support to all Uber customers and Uber products. The Strategy & Planning (S&P) team is a core part of driving the future of the US&C CommOps organization; this Business Planning Senior Associate will work with operational owners to improve efficiencies, forecast our results and guide smart data-driven decisions for the Community Operations organization. The role is a crucial part of this team and calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage internal partners.
What You'll Do
Working with cross-functional partners, this role will facilitate and support our financial and operational planning, identifying and tracking efficiencies, forecasting, reporting and analysis efforts. Leveraging financial, operational, and problem-solving skills, this person will enable the Community Operations leadership team to make informed strategic decisions and maintain operating discipline.
• Execute operational and bottom-up planning for a multi-million dollar budget spanning a global footprint
• Diagnose the true financial drivers of our budget across various businesses (e.g., Mobility, Delivery, Freight) and how we can control costs while maintaining support commitments and innovation efforts
• Collaborate with senior leadership in US&C Community Operations and Global Financial Planning & Analysis
• Run special projects (e.g., business case development for new initiatives)
• Minimum 2 years of experience in business related field
• Bachelor's degree in business, economics or related field
• Advanced analytical & presentation skills; e.g. Excel / Google Sheets, PowerPoint / Google Slides, etc.
• 4 years of experience in business related field
• Balance attention to detail with swift follow through
• Critical thinking - the ability to understand strategic business drivers across disparate businesses will be essential
• Strong communication and people skills - numbers are key, but one must be able to explain the implications to an executive audience
• Team player - this is a highly collaborative function that will work with a range of stakeholders and senior leaders