The Senior Technical Support Analyst leads the day-to-day technical support to employees for a range of hardware and software related systems. This job trains, delegates and reviews the work of lower level IT User Support Specialists. This job also handles escalated issues that require advanced knowledge of User IT Support operational procedures and tools.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors lower level IT User Support Specialists to ensure effective and time resolution of users’ problems, queries or complaints.
- Solves escalated issues by utilizing knowledge of hardware, software, operating systems, network configuration, server interaction, diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Confers with end users to resolve incidents and fulfill requests through support via in-person, phone, or remote methods.
- Vocational and/or Technical Education Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Currently, TIAA has an opportunity for a Sr. IT Technical Specialist to support our San Francisco office. As Sr. IT Specialist you will have the opportunity to provide both Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for end-user computing devices to employees in our San Francisco, CA area offices and other remote locations. Your role will be responsible for Trade Floor support, Executive Leadership Support as well as deploying all local technology assets as well as collecting technology assets.
You will also respond to desktop related incidents and requests and will carry out the coordination and implementation of various rollouts (e.g. version upgrades and patch management) of applications, hardware, and operating systems.
- Under limited supervision and direction, provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support to end-user computing devices
- Perform configuration/installation and troubleshooting of PC hardware and software to include: laptops, desktops, tablets/iPads, printers, messaging, mobile devices, and MiFi
- Respond to desktop related incidents and requests
- Carry out the coordination and implementation of various rollouts (e.g. version upgrades and patch management) of applications, hardware, and operating systems.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot MS Windows based operating systems. Microsoft Office and Outlook products and provide application support to end-users to include backup, recovery, and migration of end-user data.
- Support hardware and software testing
- Diagnose software and hardware errors and compatibility issues
- Provide end-user training and knowledge documentation
- Provide status reports, incident and problem summaries and project status as required
- Provide PC desktop support for hub and remote locations
- Support Apple hardware and Operating systems
- Manage small scale projects from initial assessment to implementation
- Comply with and support ITIL change-incident-problem management processes and work instructions
- Provide event and crisis management support as necessary
- Provide a high level of customer service while working in a dynamic complex environment
- Assist and train other associates on incident and problem management & resolution
- Deploy and collect desktop equipment from end users
- Maintain highly-accurate inventory records
- Provide support in a mixed environment which includes VDI
- Travel when required to provide executive support
- Three (3) or more years of Tier 2 desktop related support
- Two or more years supporting a Trade Floor; possess experience with market data applications such as Bloomberg or Longview or FactSet or Charles River
- Experience with Service Now or a similar incident management system
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and possess the ability to interface with end-users effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment with changing schedules and priorities
- Experience supporting executive leadership
- Possess a friendly, can-do attitude and flexible with work schedule.
- Technology asset management (ITAM)
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.