Product/Dev Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation is seeking a highly motivated Product/Dev Marketing Manager to join our Product Development/Marketing team. We’re shaping the future of open source marketing, and we’re looking for like-minded people to help us do it!
As Product/Dev Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and refining value propositions and creating content for the products and services that are central to our business. In this role you’ll collaborate with the Linux Foundation’s product development and executive leadership teams to create product marketing content and strategies, and you’ll partner with the digital marketing team to build and execute campaigns that drive product adoption and retention.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional business leader as well as a savvy and experienced product marketer. This role requires the ability to create compelling messages and content by synthesizing information from multiple sources including product requirements definitions; interviews with customers, executives, and internal stakeholders; competitive analyses; and product roadmaps. Proven experience is a must.
We are passionate about open source technology and the innovation it drives across every industry. While open source experience is not required for this position, the ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record in software product marketing and a passion for technology. Though the Linux Foundation is a largely remote workforce, the ideal candidate for this position will be based in San Francisco in order to be in close proximity to Product/Dev Marketing leadership.
* Directly manage go-to-market planning for all Linux Foundation products
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams including communications, creative, product development, legal, finance, and professional services in order to ensure alignment and clear messaging for products and services
* Conduct and maintain competitive analyses
* Create and maintain content for Linux Foundation services such as how to guides, tutorials, etc.
* Partner with the research team to conduct meaningful research that informs product strategy
* Partner with product development and executive leadership to develop pricing and packaging strategies
* Develop campaign strategies to drive product adoption and retention, and partner with the digital marketing team to execute and report results
* Develop and execute internal enablement campaigns to support product launches
* Partner with product development to develop and refine in-product content and messaging
* Develop influential relationships with open source project boards, members, executive directors, and other key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in software or technology marketing, with an emphasis on product marketing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience planning and executing large-scale product marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems
- Ability to identify and implement messaging and strategy improvements using a data-driven approach
- Project management, global/regional stakeholder management, and vendor management experience
- Proven ability to collaborate in a highly distributed work environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate across all levels of management, and to work on multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- MBA or Master’s degree in Business Management or Marketing
- At least 2 years n a senior leadership position
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM data and reporting tools
- Ability to develop and manage strategic marketing plans and budgets
- Results oriented, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, remote working environment
- Strong business acumen and deep knowledge of marketing best practices
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time