The CNCF is looking for an Ecosystem Advocate to develop and execute programs to expand the visibility and growth of the End User Community. This individual will report to the VP Ecosystem and expose original insights from cloud native end users through formats like the CNCF Tech Radar, which will influence the future of CNCF projects and scale access to this community.
Candidates will own initiatives end-to-end from conception, to execution, tracking engagement, and operationalizing for growth. Top candidates will bring technical credibility in cloud native, engagement in and knowledge of the developer ecosystem and the content they find engaging and valuable, and enthusiasm to partner with business development to scale growth.
The team is fully remote but primarily on US time. Potential for 10% travel after 2020.
1. Understand audience and stakeholders motivations and incentives (End User Community, cloud native adopters, vendors, consultancies, analysts)
2. Craft technical content to share information on how cloud native is adopted in easily digestible formats
3. Build relationships with and define processes to collect insights from the End User Community and externally
4. Collect the data, analyze and segment in different ways (eg. by company size and industry) and present trends and reports in different formats including social media
5. Partner with business development, support business development needs and creation of sales enablement materials
1. Technical background with experience of cloud computing and container technologies
2. Data-driven mindset and experience explaining complex ideas effectively through written and visual representations
3. Passionate about engaging open source developer communities, including social media, Github
4. Exposure to sales process and supporting sales and marketing teams
5. Experience defining and operationalizing processes
6. Excellent written and organizational skills
1. Hands-on experience building cloud native infrastructure
2. Visual content production, perhaps as graphic designer or video editor
To Apply: In addition to CV, please attach two samples of written and graphical communications on cloud native. These should be short (no more than 5 minutes) and informal - think web page, blog post, infographic, video etc.