At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Performance Materials EBu requires a Product Engineer to support our Sustaining, Product engineering team. The role is to optimize existing Heat shrink Tubing products from information or input provided by Product Management, Marketing, Customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers, or other employees. They maintain existing Heat Shrink Tubing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs of continuously improve quality and cost, source and recommend alternative raw materials, validate alternative materials pass specification and meeting customer requirements, and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in multiple product lines.
To be successful in this role, you would enjoy varied material science and engineering activities to ensure longevity throughout a product's life cycle, be practical/hands-on and be willing to learn.
- Design authority for heat-shrink compounds owned by Performance Materials.
- Preparation and maintenance of approved compounds list.
- Collaborating with Procurement and compounding plants in identifying and evaluating raw materials due to supply/obsolescence issues and cost-savings or other strategic reasons
- Determining the final disposition of non-conforming compounds
- Design authority for existing and future tubing compounds
- Recommending corrective actions following any routine test failures
- Approval and updates of internal specifications and review of qualification reports.
- Maintenance of external agency approvals in conjunction with experts from other BUs as appropriate.
- Support external audits e.g., ISO and IATF
- Lead rationalization or product extension projects.
- Product Compliance.
- Maintenance of compliance information in PCT and IMDS.
- Keeping up to date of changes to local, global and industry regulations and communicating any impacts to the business.
- Support the Operations team with plant-related, product issues.
- Advise on the effect of processing changes on form/fit/function of tubing products.
- Support the Quality Engineering team on complaints in conjunction with Product Management.
- NPD/NPI support and handover.
- Join and actively participate in project core team meetings as and when required
What your background should look like:
- Degree or equivalent in Polymer Science/Materials Science or a similar field, preferred with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Polymer processing experience - extrusion, irradiation, compounding & testing is advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency (writing and speaking) English, Czech an advantage.
- Analytical, methodical and problem-solver, strong work ethic and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be pro-active and agile with the ability to react and adapt to changing priorities .
- Ability to manage projects and producing clear and concise technical reports.
- Competency in engineering systems desirable e.g., DFMEA, 5 why, Route cause analysis, CPR, LeanPD, SAP, PCT, PDMLink, PMDM, TEBIT and TE Project.
- Hands on CAD and drawing experiences.
- Able to challenge legacy thinking.
- Knowledge of associated manufacturing processes a benefit.
- Understands design to cost, quality and manufacturability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and drive results
- Self-motivated, organized, with the ability to prioritize, set and achieve goals and drive continuous improvement thru all activities.
- TEAO experience
- Support all digital transformation activities
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global technology leader enabling a secure, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions have been proven in the most demanding environments, enabling advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy technology, data communications, and for the home. With approximately 85,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, we work with customers in nearly 140 countries. TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
WHAT TE CONNECTIVITY OFFERS:
We are pleased to offer you an exciting total package that can also be flexibly adapted to changing life situations - the well-being of our employees is our top priority!
• Competitive Salary Package
• Performance-Based Bonus Plans
• Health and Wellness Incentives
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
• Employee Resource Group
Across our global sites and business units, we put together packages of benefits that are either supported by TE itself or provided by external service providers. In principle, the benefits offered can vary from site to site.