LocationHuntsville Supporting Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Number of Openings1 ClearanceSecret Description
As a cyber strategic planning and policy development consultant on our team, you will assist in the assessment of the DoD current cyber policies, the coverage of those policies, and areas of risks. You will evaluate and audit how policies stack up to regulations, best practices, and industry standards. As you guide your client through understanding acceptable risk and availability, you will advance the development of a strategic cyber roadmap. You will work in a consultative role to ensure the client operates securely as they navigate an evolving IT environment. Join us as we protect the DoD through strategic cyber policy development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and monitors the implementation of policy and procedures to support information security goals and operations.
- Develops changes in policy or strategy to support new initiatives or required changes.
- Manages information security implications within the organization as directed by leadership.
- Applies advanced consulting skills and/or extensive technical expertise; full industry knowledge.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Works without considerable direction.
- Mentors and may supervise team members.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Dedicated experience (2 or more years desired) using Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) within the DoD
- Dedicated experience (2 or more years desired) in developing authorization packages for DoD systems
- Prior MDA experience is highly desired
- Experience in applying security controls to systems and/or networks with STIGS or other security standards and guides
- Experience in developing process improvement principles and procedures
- Knowledge of registering Ports, Protocols, and Services (PP&S)
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and security
- Understanding of Software Assurance assessments
- Working knowledge of ACAS and HBSS
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Management (IAM-III) Certification
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology (IT)
- 10+ years of experience Information Assurance Management (IAM)
- 5+ years System Administration and configuration experience
- 5+ years of IAM experience in the DoD Environment
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. supervisorUIDNone Specified
This position is currently accepting applications.