Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia and edge AI products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com
As an Algorithm Architect, you will be responsible for developing image processing algorithms that to support new features and cutting-edge hardware designs, making an impact on devices that are used around the world every day. You will work in a team that designs, develops, and solves problems with our unique algorithms that are closely coupled to sensors and the constraints of data acquisition hardware and software.
You will need an advanced understanding of algorithmic methods for processing signals to achieve highly efficient code implementations. To excel at this position, you must be able to accurately conceive the problem, identify and understand corner cases, and develop an implementable solution by applying knowledge and expertise in signal and image processing, classification, linear algebra, statistical analysis, machine learning. You will need to ensure that the resulting solutions are optimized over MIPS, memory usage and performance.
Your responsibility will be to deliver well-architected, well-tested, well-optimized solutions, as well as any tooling or infrastructure required to enable them, and to support those algorithms during their deployment. This will include designing, implementing, testing and documenting algorithms as well as assisting in their integration into system firmware.
You should enjoy developing tools for visualization, debugging, collecting data, and building infrastructure. You should also enjoy collaborating with other team members and other teams to identify, root cause, and solve problems and navigate trade-offs.
Basic Qualifications :
- One of the following:
- PhD or foreign equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related field with Two (2) years of related experience
- Master's or foreign equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related field with Five (5) years of related experience
- Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related field with Eight (8) years of related experience
- A background in optimized software and firmware development for the implementation of custom algorithms targeted to embedded processors
- Broad technical experience with skills in some of or all the following areas:
- Signal processing
- Sensing technologies
- C/C++, Matlab, & Python in Windows & Unix/Linux environment
- Rigorous and methodological approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications :
- Embedded computer vision, including multi-channel segmentation and classification
- Neural Network model design, implementation, and training
- ARM environment development and debugging